Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums of the year 2017

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
...and I was probably thinking of The Weather Prophets.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
My top 5:

1. Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness
2. Big Moon - Love in the 4th Dimension
3. Laura Marling - Semper Femina
4. The National - Sleep Well Beast
5. Wolf Alice - Visions of a Life

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
My top 5:

1. Gang of Youths - Go Farther in Lightness
2. Big Moon - Love in the 4th Dimension
3. Laura Marling - Semper Femina
4. The National - Sleep Well Beast
5. Wolf Alice - Visions of a Life

When I get round to it, I suspect two of those will be in my top ten (I haven't heard the other three).
For me, Resident's is more representative of better material than the other two that have thus far been posted on this thread, but perhaps that's got something to do with the fact that I buy most my music from there.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Have to say wasn't that impressed by Residents choice - especially Julie Byrne at #1. In parts its a dull album. If they wanted to pick female singer / songwriter genre as the standout then Aldous Harding (rough trade #1), Jen Cloher, Jane Weaver, Courtney Marie Andrews and Kelly Lee Owens all more interesting and complete albums IMO. Both their #2 and #3 are bands who have reformed in 2017 and arguably their previous albums were more complete pieces. As per others amazed they really didn't like the National album and left it out. While not as "catchy" as the previous two albums clearly must not have heard it performed live (check out the you tube Paris live concert). Also surprised given his return to form that Ryan Adams Prisoner is so far down their list. 2017 not a stand out year for new music for me - have spent most of my year returning to the Bowie sets. If I were to pick one album that actually offered something genuinely new I would go for the Snapped Ankles album (that did make their top 10)!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here