Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2018

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Be interesting to see how Ant McPartlin copes with several weeks of live TV. He's evidently been battling some fairly self-destructive drink and prescription drug demons in secret for years and has now just completed a period of re-hab - I hope for his sake he's ready.

Really?
Not seen or heared anything about this.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If they published something he hasnt said he would take action against them especially after what they have reported in the paper about him and his wife,so obviously he said it.

BG, its the Sun. Whether he said it or not, the notion that a boxer would go into the jungle for a month to live on rice and beans in order to shed weight as a basis for getting into shape for an actual FIGHT is an absolute nonsense. There is not a single fitness trainer in the world who would advocate that - drastic weight loss in a compressed period of time, with little to no proper exercise, no regime, and a complete lack of controlled nutrients and diet to prepare to go back in the ring.

I've not seen the ACTUAL quote (I don't read comics), but if anything along those lines was even mentioned, I can only imagine it was flippantly, and not to be taken seriously by anyone with a couple of braincells to rub together.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
BG, its the Sun. Whether he said it or not, the notion that a boxer would go into the jungle for a month to live on rice and beans in order to shed weight as a basis for getting into shape for an actual FIGHT is an absolute nonsense. There is not a single fitness trainer in the world who would advocate that - drastic weight loss in a compressed period of time, with little to no proper exercise, no regime, and a complete lack of controlled nutrients and diet to prepare to go back in the ring.

I've not seen the ACTUAL quote (I don't read comics), but if anything along those lines was even mentioned, I can only imagine it was flippantly, and not to be taken seriously by anyone with a couple of braincells to rub together.

I don’t think there has been any direct quotes, generally anyone going into the jungle doesn’t give interviews saying they are going into the jungle. I have seen a quote from a spokesperson (I think it’s a quote from someone connected to the show rather than Khans camp) saying Khan hopes going into the jungle will help repair his image with the British public rather after the publicity over his marriage problems earlier this year. The quote can be easily found in several news report about Khan doing the show. None that I’ve seen mention anything about him saying he’s doing it to start getting in shape for a return to the ring.

It’s amazing that whenever BG reads something it only ever seems to exist in printed form and there is never any evidence of it on any electronic media.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t think there has been any direct quotes, generally anyone going into the jungle doesn’t give interviews saying they are going into the jungle. I have seen a quote from a spokesperson (I think it’s a quote from someone connected to the show rather than Khans camp) saying Khan hopes going into the jungle will help repair his image with the British public rather after the publicity over his marriage problems earlier this year. The quote can be easily found in several news report about Khan doing the show. None that I’ve seen mention anything about him saying he’s doing it to start getting in shape for a return to the ring.

It’s amazing that whenever BG reads something it only ever seems to exist in printed form and there is never any evidence of it on any electronic media.

Indeed. That, or one of his sons mentioned it.

I'd be genuinely interested to see a link where Khan, or one of his entourage, has mentioned this as a platform for his training to return to the ring. The notion of it is absolute bonkers. WHERE is this actually being said ??

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I do not watch this crap but did read that Amir Khan is using it to get fit to have 3 fights next year,hopefully he will lose all 3.

It looks more like Hatton will be using it to shed a few pounds. He says he is coming out of retirement to fight Rio Ferdinand. Ridiculous! Makes a mockery of the great sport of boxing! Will I watch? Of course I will!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Jack and his singer brother Conor Maynard are local (Brighton/Hove) and went to Cardinal Newman.

Conor is an old friend of mine. He always joked that Jack was never really interested in doing anything creative (Conor always had a passion for singing and making youtube videos), he just cared about his looks and getting attention from girls. It doesn't seem much has particularly changed.

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Awful shite line up, Jamie ****ing Vardy's wife... FFS, however but my misses loves this sh1t so i am sure i will end up watching a cpl of episodes.

p.s. Didn't you know that all boxers go on a reality tv show to crash diet (because that's healthy) before a big fight :fishing:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Awful shite line up, Jamie ****ing Vardy's wife... FFS, however but my misses loves this sh1t so i am sure i will end up watching a cpl of episodes.

p.s. Didn't you know that all boxers go on a reality tv show to crash diet (because that's healthy) before a big fight :fishing:

Joe Bugner? He was so easy to wind-up.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I once told Jane Warner that she looked taller without her clothes on, so can I be in the next series.

I input the price of her Tampax into the Chubb cash till at Boots, London Road during my Saturday job there in the late 70's - that's surely qualification enough to chew some kangaroo bollocks!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Indeed. That, or one of his sons mentioned it.

I'd be genuinely interested to see a link where Khan, or one of his entourage, has mentioned this as a platform for his training to return to the ring. The notion of it is absolute bonkers. WHERE is this actually being said ??

I saw a story about it on jungle-rumours.com, so it MUST be true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here