[TV] I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here 2018

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Looking forward to it, easy viewing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Not a condescending reply as vegster said If he lasts the course he's bound to shed a few pounds. and I explained that was the reason for my reply to Hans Kray nothing condescending about that.

'That is probably beyond your comprehension.' is apparently not condescending then.
You once again have a memory fail :moo:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why is that? I would think with his high living he will be probably around the 11st + mark and enforced diet in the jungle will soon reduce him back to around 10st 7lb before he starts actually training, Ricky Hatton used to put on about 2st between fights when not training.

Have you ever seen Khan balloon in weight like Hatton, I am not going to get into a debate with you as I have seen how you will argue even if you know you are wrong.

But what makes you think that would be a good idea for a professional athlete? Would you recomend we head out to Australia next year for Pre-Season sit around and starve ourselves for 2 weeks?

Not wishing to de-rail this most excellent thread from the mingmongerry between the usual suspects but, is Jamie Vardy's wife a celebrity because she's Jamie Vardy's wife or does she do anything herself?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I stood next to Willie Thorne at the cheese counter at Sainsbury's once when I was at uni in Leicester. The conversation went thus:

Me: Buying some cheese Willie?

Him: Yes.

I'll see you in the jungle.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Ant's rehab costs have hit the show's budget hard, hence this bunch of low-cost Z-listers.

That said, there's quite a few in there you love to hate, so it should make for good viewing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have you ever seen Khan balloon in weight like Hatton, I am not going to get into a debate with you as I have seen how you will argue even if you know you are wrong.

It is common sense that when you stop training the weight increases for any sportsman. So he will be above his normal fighting weight and I would suggest probably at least 7lb and just pointed out that an enforced diet would bring it back down to within a few pounds ready for when he starts training again probably around Christmas or the beginning of December if fighting in January. I am not suggesting that he has put on as much as Hatton used to but he has been living the high life without his wife, according to the press.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Perhaps they should have invited Prince Naseem instead-he could do with two weeks diet!
naseem.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not wishing to de-rail this most excellent thread from the mingmongerry between the usual suspects but, is Jamie Vardy's wife a celebrity because she's Jamie Vardy's wife or does she do anything herself?

She stood next to Gary Lineker in Waitrose once.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It is common sense that when you stop training the weight increases for any sportsman. So he will be above his normal fighting weight and I would suggest probably at least 7lb and just pointed out that an enforced diet would bring it back down to within a few pounds ready for when he starts training again probably around Christmas or the beginning of December if fighting in January. I am not suggesting that he has put on as much as Hatton used to but he has been living the high life without his wife, according to the press.

Do you not think for one second a proffessional fighter there a better ways to do this than go on a TV game show. He is not doing this to train for a bloody fight. Get real.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Do you not think for one second a proffessional fighter there a better ways to do this than go on a TV game show. He is not doing this to train for a bloody fight. Get real.

Of course the best way to train for a fight and get back into shape will be a stint on a TV show where he will be deprived of calories and nutrition. It's stupid to think that a pro fighter might follow a carefully controlled diet which will fit in with his training regime and means he eats certain things at certain times to ensure that while he loses weight he doesn't lose muscle mass. And don't even dare suggest that some of a pro fighters weight cutting will involve dehydration before the weigh in to enable a fighter to enter a fight well above the advertised weight limit in most cases.

I'm sure ITV will be editing together a Rocky 4 style montage of Khan training for his next fight by taking part in Dingo Dollar challenges, eating camel cock and sitting around in a hammock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not in training at the moment so it would be no different than if he was in Dubai nightclubbing except that he will lose weight rather than put on even more with drinking.alcohol. His intakes of calories, proteins and nutrition will come when he goes back into training/ I can see the logic even if others cant so will leave it at that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He is not in training at the moment so it would be no different than if he was in Dubai nightclubbing except that he will lose weight rather than put on even more with drinking.alcohol. His intakes of calories, proteins and nutrition will come when he goes back into training/ I can see the logic even if others cant so will leave it at that.

No one has moaned at him for going on the show. It was you who suggested he was doing it to train for a fight.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003

The problem is that any weight loss in the jungle will be temporary, its nothing different to crash dieting and a lot of the weight loss will be through lack of fluids, it's incredibly hot and as they aren't getting enough calories their bodies will be working harder, thus they become more dehydrated so the weight loss is skewed to look greater than it really is. Within days of coming out of the jungle and enjoying the after show parties most will almost back to their pre-show weight before even flying home. It will have very little positive effect for a pro fighter long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here