Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

More of the Rings

3 Not allowed!
    I am a HUGE fan of the books and film but please, no...less is more and JRR will be turning in his grave

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-hob...med-by-amazon/
    "Never miss a good chance to shut up"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Oh god, please don't ruin what is already a fantastic story

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Too late...theres mass’s of CASH to be made, lovely MONEY and CASH. Nothing else matters as long as MORE MONEY can be made. Besides, there are no more original ideas left. Ever. So best squeeze the sun dried lemon even harder. There’s a drop left in there somewhere surely
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Just NO
      There is no writer qualified to 'fill in gaps' on Tolkien's works nor should they

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      I am a HUGE fan of the books and film but please, no...less is more and JRR will be turning in his grave

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-hob...med-by-amazon/
      It doesn't matter. Anybody who truly loves and admires the books, like me, won't even bother with it. I watched the films, and quite enjoyed them (although I recognised the fact that they wouldn't have as much meaning to those who hadn't read the books). The Hobbit movies, though, have had so much guff added to them to spin it out into a trilogy that it'll be just like a non-pro-active computer game, and I shan't be going near it.
      I'll be having this upcoming load of guff on ignore too - and its existence won't bother me in the slightest (except I suspect there'll be some pretty naff T-shirts and other tat merchandise floating around to make the world a little tattier)..

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      It doesn't matter. Anybody who truly loves and admires the books, like me, won't even bother with it. I watched the films, and quite enjoyed them (although I recognised the fact that they wouldn't have as much meaning to those who hadn't read the books). The Hobbit movies, though, have had so much guff added to them to spin it out into a trilogy that it'll be just like a non-pro-active computer game, and I shan't be going near it.
      I'll be having this upcoming load of guff on ignore too - and its existence won't bother me in the slightest (except I suspect there'll be some pretty naff T-shirts and other tat merchandise floating around to make the world a little tattier)..
      Yep, I agree. Loved the LOTR films but stretching the Hobbit into 9hrs when you can read the book faster was just too much even for me. Bored beyond belief and never bothered watching them again on DVD, TV. Life’s too short for such dross and Jackson lost a lot of fans. It came across as pure greed and a violation of Tolkien’s world.

1 Not allowed!
      Tolkien's son Christopher was one of my tutors at university and chucked it in to become JRRT's full-time literary executor. And moved to the south of France. Oh yes, there's gold in them thar hills, mountains, forests, laketowns and fortresses all right ...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      Tolkien's son Christopher was one of my tutors at university and chucked it in to become JRRT's full-time literary executor. And moved to the south of France. Oh yes, there's gold in them thar hills, mountains, forests, laketowns and fortresses all right ...
      Blimey, that’s some claim to fame! A friend of mine has a link to the Tolkien’s too, something to do with one of the names he used being based on their child’s name I think. Will find out and come back
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      IIRC he finished all the Middle Earth Maps

And I always wondered why Tom Bombadil never made the film bizarre. This sums it up
      http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2013...-rings-movies/

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      Frodo and Sam get together in the end

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.