Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] More of the Rings

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh god, please don't ruin what is already a fantastic story :nono:

Too late...theres mass’s of CASH to be made, lovely MONEY and CASH. Nothing else matters as long as MORE MONEY can be made. Besides, there are no more original ideas left. Ever. So best squeeze the sun dried lemon even harder. There’s a drop left in there somewhere surely :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am a HUGE fan of the books and film but please, no...less is more and JRR will be turning in his grave :timmy:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-ho...equel-tv-series-spin-off-confirmed-by-amazon/

It doesn't matter. Anybody who truly loves and admires the books, like me, won't even bother with it. I watched the films, and quite enjoyed them (although I recognised the fact that they wouldn't have as much meaning to those who hadn't read the books). The Hobbit movies, though, have had so much guff added to them to spin it out into a trilogy that it'll be just like a non-pro-active computer game, and I shan't be going near it.
I'll be having this upcoming load of guff on ignore too - and its existence won't bother me in the slightest (except I suspect there'll be some pretty naff T-shirts and other tat merchandise floating around to make the world a little tattier)..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It doesn't matter. Anybody who truly loves and admires the books, like me, won't even bother with it. I watched the films, and quite enjoyed them (although I recognised the fact that they wouldn't have as much meaning to those who hadn't read the books). The Hobbit movies, though, have had so much guff added to them to spin it out into a trilogy that it'll be just like a non-pro-active computer game, and I shan't be going near it.
I'll be having this upcoming load of guff on ignore too - and its existence won't bother me in the slightest (except I suspect there'll be some pretty naff T-shirts and other tat merchandise floating around to make the world a little tattier)..

Yep, I agree. Loved the LOTR films but stretching the Hobbit into 9hrs when you can read the book faster was just too much even for me. Bored beyond belief and never bothered watching them again on DVD, TV. Life’s too short for such dross and Jackson lost a lot of fans. It came across as pure greed and a violation of Tolkien’s world.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tolkien's son Christopher was one of my tutors at university and chucked it in to become JRRT's full-time literary executor. And moved to the south of France. Oh yes, there's gold in them thar hills, mountains, forests, laketowns and fortresses all right ...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tolkien's son Christopher was one of my tutors at university and chucked it in to become JRRT's full-time literary executor. And moved to the south of France. Oh yes, there's gold in them thar hills, mountains, forests, laketowns and fortresses all right ...
Blimey, that’s some claim to fame! A friend of mine has a link to the Tolkien’s too, something to do with one of the names he used being based on their child’s name I think. Will find out and come back

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

IIRC he finished all the Middle Earth Maps

And I always wondered why Tom Bombadil never made the film bizarre. This sums it up
http://www.theonering.net/torwp/201...il-never-made-it-in-lord-of-the-rings-movies/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IIRC he finished all the Middle Earth Maps

And I always wondered why Tom Bombadil never made the film bizarre.
I've read and re-read LOTR many times, including reading aloud, a chapter a night, at bedtime for all of my children - and to be honest, I always skip the Tom Bombadil bit every time!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh

Tim from the office gets together with Gandalf

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How come?
It's irrelevant to the story - just an unrelated bit that is shoved in for no apparent purpose. JRRT must have been fond of it, but to many of us (Me, my daughters when they later read the book for themselves, several friends, and, it would seem, the film makers) found it just boring and unnecessary.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not sure if there any ways left to kill Orcs that we have not already seen?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Could be excellent if it's stories taken from The Silmarillion / Unfinished Tales / Children of Hurin.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
What this sounds like is Amazon will have access to all the material The Hobbit/LOTR film series didn't, including The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Children of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, plus the history books which are vast.

Aragorn's story, of which there is eighty seven years worth and Balin's doomed attempt to retake Moria are two parts which take place directly before Fellowship.

Then there are the bits cut from the films, such as Bombadil and the Barrowdowns, the Druedain, Elrond's sons and Glorfindel.

Hopefully, as well as being good, it's in keeping with the films in terms of tone and look, like the War in the North and Shadow of Mordor games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here