Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Panorama tonight

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Don’t watch blood boiling material like this. Will stick to blue planet thanks.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The amount of fradulent documents included in university applications from places like (obviously) Nigeria, Pakistan, India and the Middle East is incredible. There's no training provided in how to detect them (Home Office should do this for international applications) and no time to follow them all up, so it rarely gets done at all. This programme is alarming but not in the slightest bit shocking (not to me anyway, but I work in this area).

Have you seen the programme? I defy anybody not to be very shocked at how it works.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• 112330-custom-bumper-magnet-sticker-MY+OTHER+RIDE+++IS+YOUR+DAD.png
    112330-custom-bumper-magnet-sticker-MY+OTHER+RIDE+++IS+YOUR+DAD.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 170

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Shall we just say that the majority of those behind the fraudulent actions were of certain backgrounds. I think this does need to be addressed, we cannot pretend that it is everyone and all cultures at this type of fraud, there is a very clear link to culture and i would say it is racist to NOT look at that factor.

What's racist about quoting facts? If the people involved are mostly African or Pakistani or Arab or Chinese or Eastern European or white ango-saxon, then that's a fact. Nothing racist about it. This PC nonsense is getting way way out of hand.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Ah yes, because us Native Brits are absolutely incapable of committing crime.
Us Brits are too honest for our own good and get taken in. And the establishment goes through box-ticking procedures without really seeing what is going on.

I saw the programme, and every time someone got caught out, they just issued a credible-sounding statement saying they were going to 'review procedures' etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Us Brits are too honest for our own good and get taken in. And the establishment goes through box-ticking procedures without really seeing what is going on.

I saw the programme, and every time someone got caught out, they just issued a credible-sounding statement saying they were going to 'review procedures' etc.

The naivety/corruption was just unbelievable. Serious shake up required.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would dread to think how many of these types of scams are going on as this country is just a laughing stock and great for criminals.
Crime pays these days it's that simple..... at worse you'll get a warm room and 3 meals a day and don't have to worry about paying hideous bills in the real world.

Tip of the icerg I'm sure

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I would dread to think how many of these types of scams are going on as this country is just a laughing stock and great for criminals.
Crime pays these days it's that simple..... at worse you'll get a warm room and 3 meals a day and don't have to worry about paying hideous bills in the real world.

Tip of the icerg I'm sure

Crime only pays if you consider being locked up 24 hours a day is the best use of your life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here