Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Items that made you think "GAME CHANGER"

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That "SEEEEEGGGGAAAAAA" intro on Sonic 2.

Mind. Blown.

Apparently it used up more space than the game itself :lolol:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Dulcolax Stool softener.

No more wincing as you nip out something that feels like a sharpened pine cone, just a smooth exit, like launching a whiffy torpedo.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Items that made you think "GAME CHANGER"

Iphone not mentioned yet?!

Changed communications forever even though it has killed conversation. Works for me... chatting inanely to friends and family was never my strong point. I much prefer chatting inanely by text or internet.

Amazon fire stick - can now find those old (and new) series that Sky delete at a moment’s notice

Amazon - no more Christmas shopping for me; in fact no shopping at all unless the missus drags me out!

Brighton in the Premier League. Can guarantee to see highlights of all the games now. Result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I would actually vote this as the most pointless kitchen gadget. Takes up a massive amount of worktop space i and everything you cook in it can be done on the hob/oven. The last time I can remember using it was to sterilize baby bottles/ a dummy, never cook using it.

AND it makes everything taste worse than it does on a hob. They’re useful when you have young kids, then they become redundant.

Surprised nobody has mentioned a dishwasher yet. That was a definite game changer.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I am surprised this thread has gone on this long and nobody has mentioned the microwave oven. No moire keeping dinners hot on a plate over a saucepan of boiling water or drying up in the oven. That is apart from cooking convenience food.

I thought you didn't like reheated meals.. :whistle:

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Another vote for Spotify. Truly wonderful way to discover many forms of music. My CD library is mainly redundant now. Unfortunately ,I cannot bring myself to pay £9.99 for the premium service to get rid of those blasted adverts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought you didn't like reheated meals.. :whistle:

I dont but we used our first in a pub in 1969/70 and after that we had 1 at home as a convenience due to the children growing up and wife and I eating at irregular timnes. As I said it saved her keeping my dinner hot on a saucepan or in the oven.. Now retired we use one much less although my wife uses it to cook Chilli.or Bolognaise.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
TFT flatscreens. Laptops went from having washed out colour and needing to be viewed head on to clear and having a little bit of a viewing angle (since improved); TVs went from three foot deep to maybe 4 inches at the time (which would seem huge now).

Not many things go that far so fast. By comparison smartphones were gradual all the way, there was never a big bang.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we first used 1 in the late 60s/70s we were doing reliefs for Trumans and the landlady of The Birdcage in Stamford Hill cooked a joint of pork, beef and some chicken legs in her oven on a Sunday and also a load of potatoes and veg. From then on for the rest of the week we put it on a plate and in the micro to reheat it along with deep fried potatoes and she had "roast" dinners all week until they ran out. Then started again the next Sunday. I would think that there are very few commercial kitchens which do not have or use one but they have moved on and most are now dual purpose ovens being micro and convection. So not that pointless really at least not commercially but perhaps for domestic use generally although with modern life I am sure many have microwave meals when they get home from work where both parties are working full time.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Dodgy streams for games on the internet. Made a world of difference to my following the Albion from a bit of a distance.

And this year - they're top quality (so far).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here