Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giveaway: "Brighton Up: The Inside Story..." by Nick Szczepanik

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Sounds good. I'll buy it if I don't win.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With all the love in this thread I think it'll be a pretty poor show if everyone isn't given a copy.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
NSCer [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION] has very generously donated a signed copy of his very well-regarded book "Brighton Up: The Inside Story of Brighton & Hove Albion's Journey From Despair to Triumph and the Premier League" to be given away to NSCers.

View attachment 91075

Brighton & Hove Albion: From Despair to Triumph tells the story of how Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club bounced back from the heartbreak of missing out on promotion to the Premier League by the narrowest of margins, to achieve that ultimate goal earlier this month. Acclaimed sports journalist Nick Szczepanik, a lifelong Brighton fan with strong contacts at the club, documents its travails over two turbulent seasons.

The book explains how the Seagulls, written off as certainties for relegation to League One before the 2015 16 season, overcame the loss of one of their own in the Shoreham Air Show tragedy to go on a record unbeaten run. But although top scorers in the Championship, they fell agonisingly short of their target of automatic promotion by a single goal, then lost out again in the lottery of the play-offs.

The football world expected them to be crushed by disappointment and outspent by the big guns of Newcastle, Norwich and Aston Villa, but instead they regrouped and came back stronger in 2016 17.

Led by experienced and inscrutable manager Chris Hughton and backed by owner Tony Bloom the world-class poker player nicknamed 'The Lizard' for his ice-cold blood they played with a determination not to let the heartbreak happen again.

I will make undertake a random draw of all those who have responded to this thread by midnight on Sunday 19th November.

The book can be bought from Amazon and locally at The Club Shop.

Yes please.

Although all I can think of is:

latest

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here