Faversham
so when can i buy/pre order my son a shirt

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

How the **** do I know? :shrug:

This a marathon not a sprint.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder whether Nike have had the same difficulty supplying England, Chelsea, Tottenham or Man City shirts ...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wonder whether Nike have had the same difficulty supplying England, Chelsea, Tottenham or Man City shirts ...

For obvious reasons, the demand for their shirts would be far more predictable, than for complete PL newcomers with a recent history of relatively modest sales. The FA and those clubs mentioned can therefore forecast and order with great certainty. As PB made plain, the costs of any over ordering would have been suffered by the club.

Every unsold shirt at the end of the season, would have wiped out the club's profit on 6 shirts sold at full price, mitigated to an extent by any recover in the end/post season sale.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What a strange comment (not Andy Naylor) see Weststander's note.

Completely different circumstances. You cannot compare Chelsea/England kit sales to ours.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What a strange comment (not Andy Naylor) see Weststander's note.

Completely different circumstances. You cannot compare Chelsea/England kit sales to ours.

Well, I'm sure I apologise for asking. I was trying to establish whether it was a general blockage in the Nike supply lines or simply with our shirts.

:flounce:

I'll try a different question if my first one was so strange. Have Nike run out of black socks for the away kit as well? Even the first team don't seem to have any now.

Last edited:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
So Barber has written another essay of spin which can be summarised in 5 words.

The club underestimated the demand.

Simple as that really. Who'd have thought it? The bloke really is a tit sometimes when a bit of criticism comes their way. Yes - we can all see that sales have exceeded expectations, but to be tied into a deal and a situation where we have had no kits on sale for 3 of the first 4 months of our first Premier League campaign is an absolutely shambolic situation, with only seemingly a small batch to arrive before Christmas.

It may not be through lack of trying or individual blame, but the holistic situation is an disgrace, however many sentences he puts together about record sales and exceptional drmand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What you need to wear to a football match this time of year is a decent warm coat.
An overpriced nylon t shirt is going to keep you warm. :)

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A complete mess supply wise. On one hand you have the club telling people not to buy fake kits online and on the other hand there are no real kits in stock. I would be raging if I was Mr Barber. Ditch Nike on the basis they have as a kit supplier, not actually supplied any(home kits)....for months.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Simple as that really. Who'd have thought it? The bloke really is a tit sometimes when a bit of criticism comes their way. Yes - we can all see that sales have exceeded expectations, but to be tied into a deal and a situation where we have had no kits on sale for 3 of the first 4 months of our first Premier League campaign is an absolutely shambolic situation, with only seemingly a small batch to arrive before Christmas.

It may not be through lack of trying or individual blame, but the holistic situation is an disgrace, however many sentences he puts together about record sales and exceptional drmand.

I think Barber has done a brilliant job, but I'm inclined to agree. They underestimated demand. Simple as that.

We seem to harp on about how blessed we are to have Nike as a kit supplier and how, without them, we'd never sell as many kits to the thousands of kids who won't wear anything but Nike (even though their parents buy the bloody thing so it makes NO DIFFERENCE). We're so LUCKY we have a (kind of) unique FOURTY FIVE POUND shirt which didn't come from pro direct soccer. And how, because of these BLESSINGS we've got to suffer the consequences and that nobody is to blame, we're just victims of our own success.

Well I would say that whoever is in charge of the tat in the club shop and whoever estimates how much shit we should order and whoever decided that the bloody arms on the away shirt were a good idea needs to perhaps do a bit of a better job.

Every element of the club is top notch, but the whole shopping experience is borderline worse than when we were in League 1.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think Barber has done a brilliant job, but I'm inclined to agree. They underestimated demand. Simple as that.

We seem to harp on about how blessed we are to have Nike as a kit supplier and how, without them, we'd never sell as many kits to the thousands of kids who won't wear anything but Nike (even though their parents buy the bloody thing so it makes NO DIFFERENCE). We're so LUCKY we have a (kind of) unique FOURTY FIVE POUND shirt which didn't come from pro direct soccer. And how, because of these BLESSINGS we've got to suffer the consequences and that nobody is to blame, we're just victims of our own success.

Well I would say that whoever is in charge of the tat in the club shop and whoever estimates how much shit we should order and whoever decided that the bloody arms on the away shirt were a good idea needs to perhaps do a bit of a better job.

Every element of the club is top notch, but the whole shopping experience is borderline worse than when we were in League 1.

I agree with most of that but the club saying they underestimated the demand doesn’t really answer the question as to why it has been several months and we stick haven’t got a pot to piss in stock wise. That’s extremely poor

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Stop it. You're supposed to ignore the inevitable spikes owing to growing fanbase, the success of last year and the Premier League boom, and instead focus on record "footfall", sales, turnovers etc.

Never mind the empty Nike shelves and the colossal amount of overpriced horseshit on offer.

IT'S RECORD-BREAKING STUFF

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Very much this.

There are clubs in the PL who are of a similar size to ourselves, clubs who have been promoted to the PL who are of a similar size to ourselves. Although its our first time at this level in a long time, we haven't re-invented the wheel here. We get crowds of circa 30k, I can't imagine we are so UNIQUE as to be completely clueless as to the demand for shirts after having been promoted. But apparently, we are.

Why not just fess up and say "apologies, we got our numbers completely wrong". Won't help anyone get their shirts any quicker now, but its preferable to all this fobbing off with the apparently incalculable, unprecedented, off-the-scale, WORLD RECORD demand for BHA shirts that has caught them completely unawares.

:rolleyes:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Very much this.

There are clubs in the PL who are of a similar size to ourselves, clubs who have been promoted to the PL who are of a similar size to ourselves. Although its our first time at this level in a long time, we haven't re-invented the wheel here. We get crowds of circa 30k, I can't imagine we are so UNIQUE as to be completely clueless as to the demand for shirts after having been promoted. But apparently, we are.

Why not just fess up and say "apologies, we got our numbers completely wrong". Won't help anyone get their shirts any quicker now, but its preferable to all this fobbing off with the apparently incalculable, unprecedented, off-the-scale, world-record demand for BHA shirts that has caught them seemingly completely unawares.

:rolleyes:
I can't remember Barber apologising for anything other than Seagulls Player being shit (supplier to blame, of course)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Is it me, or is there a new precedent of shirts being valid for only one season?

This is clearly a huge contributory factor of the club being scared of over supply, but Barber doesn't mention this.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All right everyone, stop it now, they underestimated demand, give them a break. They obviously got someone to do an analysis of expected sales, and they didn't get it right, its not an exact science. There doesn't seem to be much more they can do other than what they have done already.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any sense and / or decency, and they'd proceed as follows:

1. Do whatever it takes to get the stock issue resolved, so there's shirts to sell before Christmas.
2. Announce that the current shirt* will now be retained for season 2018/19.

*exact specification of shoulder badges to be confirmed in May...

Is it me, or is there a new precedent of shirts being valid for only one season?

This is clearly a huge contributory factor of the club being scared of over supply, but Barber doesn't mention this.

This.

Extend the use of the current shirt for an additional season (single season shirts are wholly unacceptable anyway, IMO), so that the people still waiting don't walk away thinking "What's the point in buying a shirt now, that's going to be replaced after about ten (home) matches", and so that they can confidently re-stock in decent volume, which next summer's demand in mind.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
All right everyone, stop it now, they underestimated demand, give them a break. They obviously got someone to do an analysis of expected sales, and they didn't get it right, its not an exact science. There doesn't seem to be much more they can do other than what they have done already.

Sorry, PB :)

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
What a nightmare it must be working in the club shop when everyone thinks you/the club are utter numpties for not having enough stock, but more importantly not having it for nearly four months.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here