Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] VIZ magazine

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I've got a couple of boxes of them which I can't bring myself to give away. I stopped buying it when the cartoons all started getting very 'samey', perhaps they had fewer people doing them. Prior to that they had a wide array of contributors with some up there genius moments. The Letters Page, spoof adverts (Elvis Dambusters Clock) and parodies of the 50s Boys Own articles always had me in stitches.

Oh, and Danny Davis and his Robot Pimp. Sheer genius.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Turtle Recall - The brief retraction of the turtle’s head whilst enroute to the thunderbox

LOL. Superb!
I still buy it occasionally, maybe ahead of a long train journey, but it used to be a must read as it hit the shelves. Seriously though, that was 30 years ago!! Top effort that they are still going at all.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Because you're worth it exclam. Wagging phrase to be used by a gentleman as he rubs his recently dropped spooge into his lady's hair.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Top Tips is like a guide to life. Not sure it will gain the BG royal seal of approval though.

I’m surprised he hasn’t been along to tell us how unfunny he finds it, another quick boost to the post count as another circular argument ensues.

Anyway, I’m another lapsed reader, haven’t purchased a copy for years. I follow Viz comics on Facebook as they share some of their letters and top tips on there.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I had no idea this was still going strong. The last time I saw it on sale was about fifteen years ago. An ad popped up offering a Christmas subscription to it. Is Viz still as funny as it used to be? If it's next to the bongo mags then maybe that's why I'm missing it. Sid the Sexist was the funniest character in this great comic IMO.

I did manage to buy Roger's profanisaurus a couple of years ago which is extremely rude. :)

I have also "Anus Horribilis" another quality accompaniment to the Profanisaurus, quality!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I’d agree. I was an avid reader of it maybe 15 years ago (poss more), very occasionally pick one up now and it’s alright, but doesn’t feel quite the same. Still love the letters page though.

My son-in-law subscribes to Viz and regularly shares/posts things from the letters page on facebook. They are normally very funny.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Big fat elephant fannies!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I used to really like Viz in the days when most of the ads seemed to be for small businesses in Newcastle – they were almost as good as the editorial content.

I'm sure it's still as funny in its own way as it ever was but once you've stockpiled several years' worth of mags and annuals there's inevitably a diminishing return on the laughter. Glad it's still going strong but I haven't bought a copy for years.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Dear Viz. I don't seem to be able to drink enough beer. No matter how much I drink in the evening, when I wake up next morning, I'm still thirsty. :shrug:

Dear Viz, my uncle believes you should live every day as if it's your last. That's why he spends every day in a hospital bed with a tube up his arse.

Bourbonhengea.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
rudekid.jpg

:bowdown:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
BOIL an egg to perfection without costly egg timers by popping it into boiling water and driving away from your home at exactly 60mph. After three miles, phone your wife to take the egg out the pan.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Convert your old telephone directory into address book by simply crossing out all the people you don't know.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Avoid spending money on expensive binoculars by simply standing closer to the object you wish to see.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’d agree. I was an avid reader of it maybe 15 years ago (poss more), very occasionally pick one up now and it’s alright, but doesn’t feel quite the same.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BOIL an egg to perfection without costly egg timers by popping it into boiling water and driving away from your home at exactly 60mph. After three miles, phone your wife to take the egg out the pan.

I could ACTUALLY see BG doing this.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having 'Ennis Elbow' ('A repetitive strain injury common amongst adolescent males whilst watching the Olympic Heptathlon competition, with curtains drawn and trousers round their ankles') published in the Profanisaurus in summer 2013 is without doubt the high watermark of my professional career.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Want to know the time? Simply go to Argos and buy yourself a cheap watch. Hey presto! You should find the time printed on the till receipt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here