Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Govern or Go

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Which is male dominated. I know there are some men who suffer but majority are women who suffer at the hands of power. Men have mothers and daughters, grand daughters, surely the time has come to just call out this power over other humans for what it is.

It's all linked, whether in politics, the police and even HM forces.
The male dominated (masonic sometimes) class system is endemic IMO

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He won't. Boris will never be PM precisely because he doesn't have the support of many MPs. He's widely loathed by the Tory MPs. He couldn't even muster enough supporters to stand last time and that was before he'd cocked up the foreign secretary gig.

All the time the Tories have a majority they will thankfully vote for him to keep Corbyn further away and hope that he (Corbyn) just grows old with his fantasy world and retires.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Why should it matter whether an MP be a male or female there is too much of trying to be correct. Have the best qualified person do the job irrespective of their gender.

It should not matter, I agree. But the power means it does matter. Boris is using his power and Teresa yields to it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He won't. Boris will never be PM precisely because he doesn't have the support of many MPs. He's widely loathed by the Tory MPs. He couldn't even muster enough supporters to stand last time and that was before he'd cocked up the foreign secretary gig.

Agree.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
All the time the Tories have a majority they will thankfully vote for him to keep Corbyn further away and hope that he (Corbyn) just grows old with his fantasy world and retires.

Both parties are bringing our country down. Power at the top.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They won't though. If that were true how come he didn't stand last time?

I posted on here before about a dinner I went to when Emily Maitlis was the guest speaker and one of the points she made was how much Johnson was disliked by his fellow MPs.

If there were a secret ballot of votes for leader, I can honestly imagine some Tories voting for Corbyn over Bojo.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Boris needs to go, Gove needs to go, hapless May needs to go.

I suppose for balance, Corbyn needs to go.

Not sure who that leaves standing.

Wouldn't that be brilliant? Get rid of the old guard in ALL parties and replace them with younger MPs who have new ideas and still believe that they can contribute to the good of the country rather than their own self interest or than follow a political dogma from the dark ages.

Won't happen but one can dream

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Boris needs to go, Gove needs to go, hapless May needs to go.

I suppose for balance, Corbyn needs to go.

Not sure who that leaves standing.
Just hand the whole thing over to Juncker and Merkel then; they could send in an EU task force to run the country - at least that would keep the remainers happy!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They won't though. If that were true how come he didn't stand last time?

I posted on here before about a dinner I went to when Emily Maitlis was the guest speaker and one of the points she made was how much Johnson was disliked by his fellow MPs.

If there were a secret ballot of votes for leader, I can honestly imagine some Tories voting for Corbyn over Bojo.

You obviously know better than me I can only see it as a complete outsider,

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
TM will do us well with her Brexit deal. You come across as a burn your bra supporter with a huge chip on your shoulder

I love my bra, I love being a woman. I hate people using power over doing the right thing. I want Brexit, I don't want a Foreign Secretary who puts a British nationals life in danger, male or female.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love my bra, I love being a woman. I hate people using power over doing the right thing. I want Brexit, I don't want a Foreign Secretary who puts a British nationals life in danger, male or female.

I havent really followed the story but I was under the impression that what he has said about the womans motives have been vindicated by some and it isnt as clear cut as many would have us believe, but I wont get involved in an argument about this particular issue.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I havent really followed the story but I was under the impression that what he has said about the womans motives have been vindicated by some and it isnt as clear cut as many would have us believe, but I wont get involved in an argument about this particular issue.

My post is not about men/women really. Its about power. In society power decides the decision a person makes over the decision they want to take. Teresa May needs to show she is the strong and stable leader she promised. Sack Boris and take his power away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My post is not about men/women really. Its about power. In society power decides the decision a person makes over the decision they want to take. Teresa May needs to show she is the strong and stable leader she promised. Sack Boris and take his power away.[/QUOTE

Why should she if she considers that generally he is doing a good job with a few gaffes, just to please the media. She is showing judgement to go with the power that she has as PM.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
My post is not about men/women really. Its about power. In society power decides the decision a person makes over the decision they want to take. Teresa May needs to show she is the strong and stable leader she promised. Sack Boris and take his power away.[/QUOTE

Why should she if she considers that generally he is doing a good job with a few gaffes, just to please the media. She is showing judgement to go with the power that she has as PM.

He is not doing a good job. That is the point, she fears he has power to take her down.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
That is your opinion perhaps she thinks differently, I dont know do you?

Are you suggesting Teresa May thinks he is doing a good job? That she wants a Foreign Secretary who puts a British national in more peril? After all she accepts the the resignation of her Defence and Foriegn Aid Secretary's in the same week. One of which she summons back from Africa to resign before being sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here