Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you got you Christmas decs up yet?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure when the official build up to Christmas begins, maybe when TV adverts try to convince you to buy presents.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My birthday is Dec 5, the deccies go up on the 6th.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mine is December 18th, but I put mine up on the 1st :lol:

I love Christmas shizz: would never put mine up in November (it's not very special if you have them up for months on end, surely) but I guess if other people want to, what's the harm? I saw a Christmas tree up in a house in Haywards Heath today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We used to put them up in mid December. It’s crept forward more recently to the beginning of December.

Spotted a couple of homes in Woodingdean and one in the Dyke Road Avenue area last week with their internal decs and lights up.

This year, it’s been talked about so early, retailers are spending £6b on advertising, queues today at TKMaxx etc and xmas food in the supermarkets since September!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
There were some up on my street before Halloween.

Bearing in mind that Halloween is properly big here (the "americanised" traditions are old Irish/Scottish ones modified a bit; we did carving vegetables and asking for treats before the US existed); that's inexcusable.

Never go up before the 8th of December in my house; the 8th used to be a day off in most schools due to legacy Catholicism, isn't anymore but I've stuck with it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here