Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] One Song To The Tune Of Another

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I know we have many ISIHAC fans on here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one for whom this is a favourite round. There are lots of good examples on YouTube, so I thought it might be fun to have a thread for some of our favourites. I'll start off with this:

[yt]9i3yj0eqkVQ[/yt]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a horribly sentimental ballad, beloved of Scottish drunks, called 'Nobody's Child'. It fits very nicely to the tune of Gary Gilmore's Eyes. It doesn't go down well in a Scottish working man's club near closing time though............

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
There's a horribly sentimental ballad, beloved of Scottish drunks, called 'Nobody's Child'. It fits very nicely to the tune of Gary Gilmore's Eyes. It doesn't go down well in a Scottish working man's club near closing time though............

This song?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, that's the one - I used to like the Travelling Wilburys until I clicked on your link too!

It was a charity release for The Romanian Angel Appeal, so you could forgive them. I never realised that the early Beatles covered it hence George Harrison choosing the song to raise money for the appeal, wife Olivia's brainchild. But I bought the Wilburys single when it came out. No idea what it will be like, but going to see The Unravelling Wilburys at The Ropetackle in a week or two. I guess it may be a bit of a tribute to Charlie T. Wilbury Jr now he has joined Leftie and Nelson in that great supergroup in the skies.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
For some reason my mind keeps pasting the verse words for 'I Can't Dance' by Genesis over 'Uprising' by Muse.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was a charity release for The Romanian Angel Appeal, so you could forgive them. I never realised that the early Beatles covered it hence George Harrison choosing the song to raise money for the appeal, wife Olivia's brainchild. But I bought the Wilburys single when it came out. No idea what it will be like, but going to see The Unravelling Wilburys at The Ropetackle in a week or two. I guess it may be a bit of a tribute to Charlie T. Wilbury Jr now he has joined Leftie and Nelson in that great supergroup in the skies.
OK, I'll forgive them - fortunately it's not included on my Travelling Wilburys LP. Didn't know The Beatles had done it (must check out my Live in Hamburg double LP, which hasn't been played in years) - I shudder to think what it might sound like with Lennon in full sneering sarcastic mode!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Rather partial to the Yorkshire version of While Shepherds Watched, given a cracking treatment here by the wonderful Kate Rusby:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here