Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    The lay off for goal no 4 is still my favourite ever!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was a mini one from the North Stand for at least 2 of the goals and an attempt from a toothless mental Millwall fan to get to us from the East. Plus quite a few Millwall in the North.
      Bloody loads of Millwall in the North. They pretty much had an entire section on the eastern side. How or why they were there I never quite understood but I seem to remember a police/steward cordon separating them from the home fans. I was standing in my usual spot, which was pretty much next to the Millwall lot. I don't remember being scared or worried but more annoyed that they were allowed to stay there.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I'm listening to Radio 6 currently, and Russell Crowe is on talking about various things.

Imagine my surprise when he mentioned Albion v Millwall and recording the crowd to use it for inspiration for a role.

I didn't catch all the detail, but I assume it was this story I found online elsewhere >>> http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/hot...ml#post1197961

"When he was preparing to play a skinhead in Romper Stomper – a key calling card for Hollywood – he wanted to meet real skinheads and to go to Wrexham where one side of his family originally came from. We got as far as Cardiff where we drank in a rough boozer, full of tattooed heavies – skinheads in all but name. He struck up a conversation with a couple of Neanderthals, drawing them out until they were spouting some spectacularly nasty racist garbage, and it was only later that I found out he’d been taping them.

We went back to Brighton to watch Brighton & Hove Albion in a play-off against Millwall. The match was ugly, the crowd uglier and to Crowe’s delight there was a pitch invasion. We stood in the middle of the Brighton fans celebrating, with Crowe recording every obscenity and chant so he could take it all back Down Under with him. It’s all in the preparation. "
      I went to see Romper Stomper at the Duke of Yorks, there was a protest outside by the Anti Nazi league, they obviously hadn't seen the film. Feels like longer ago than 1992
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Romper Stomper is one of my all time favourite films - even more so now!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Love a good old bundle on the pitch with players and fans straight after a goal
      Codner used to love mixing with the fans after a goal
      Think Milwall home game looking back is pretty much up there as my favourite Brighton game
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Good games to go to. First leg seemed so unreal as it unravelled. Second game was a bit hairy but really enjoyable because we knew we couldn't throw away that first leg lead. (Or could we....is Brighton after all) Well it all ended well and good memories of The Den.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

0 Not allowed!
      Great day
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      ......as was the 2nd leg
      Fresh Nappies wanted, CASH WAITING!

0 Not allowed!
      I remember Millwall scored a perfectly good goal which would have put them 2-0 up before we rattled 4 in quick succession. That game following Wilkins Free kick against Ipswich were the highlights of the Godstone era for me and hard to believe how shit we were for years after that.