Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 3rd Best Football Player in the World

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
So excluding Ronaldo and Messi who would be the best player in world football today!!

For me if I had a top team I’d want Sergio Ramos 👍🏻

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Opposed to playing for Barca in La Liga? PSG look very good this year, already beaten Bayern Munich comfortably in the champions league

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Wanted to name Wilfried Haha, but looks like [MENTION=12283]GM98[/MENTION] nicked it already :down:

So it's going to be Joniesta Williams, honing his world beating talents for the past three years at the likes of MK Dongs, Ipswich, Forest and currently Sunderland

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would go for Kevin De Bruyne, Harry Kane then Eden Hazzard in that order Best prospect has got to be Deli Alli. If Neymar was worth £200m what is Kane worth?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Answers for these type of questions always tend to go for forwards. Kevin De Bruyne has to be in contention, Sergio Busquets and Leonardo Bonucci aren't far behind.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kevin De Bruyne.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I would go for Kevin De Bruyne, Harry Kane then Eden Hazzard in that order Best prospect has got to be Deli Alli. If Neymar was worth £200m what is Kane worth?

Neymar was not worth £200m, that was the fee to trigger his release from his contract

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Kevin de Bruyne, indubitably.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
PSG must have thought that he was worth spending that money on so that made that his value.

PSG is owned by people with so much money that £200m has no consequence to them. I think I'm right in saying that £200m was the amount needed to trigger a release clause so that is what they paid. I dare say if it had been £250m, they'd have paid that also.

I know you've been around the block long enough to know that price paid, value to the club and player worth are often entirely separate entities. Compare and contrast what we paid for Gary Hart and CMS compared with the relative contributions they made to the club. Or even someone like Peter Ward at Brighton or Zaha at Palace. Both players are respective club legends and worth their weight in gold to both clubs but both went for big money transfers and flopped.

I'm not sure there's any science at all to player transfer values, it's a bit like the housing market. It is what people are willing to pay and no more than that. It's all very subjective and Neymar went for such a huge amount that it would be unwise to use it as any kind of measure, it's just too much of an outlier.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here