Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The best prospect from the 3 Chelsea Loan players.

Who has the best loan player!

• Swansea City......Tammy Abraham.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Brighton & Hove Albion......Izzy Brown.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ruben Loftus Cheek.......Crystal Palace

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Another football player?

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I disagree as I think that CG would have benefitted more by staying and training with us and playing as and when required rather than join a team in a lower league. We didnt expect to go out of the League cup so easily and there is still the FA Cup for him to play in apart from being on our bench for league games.

You disagree, that's fair enough. I happen to disagree with you too. So why, when my post stated exactly why I'd have liked us to go for Tomori, couldn't you just say you disagreed, instead of pointing out that we have two players to cover at CB (which I already knew)? All you needed to say was that in your opinion Goldson is better not going out on loan, end of.

BTW, I don't think it was at all surprising that we exited the League Cup, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we make sure we get out of the FA Cup even quicker (more's the pity. I'd love us to go for it).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've gone for Abraham on the basis that I've only recently heard of Loftus-Cheek and he's not exactly pulling up trees at Palace whereas Abraham had a magnificent season last year and is proving he can cut it in the PL. Izzy Brown will probably go the same way as James Wilson, bags of potential but unlikely to convert that into consistent talent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Had I just disagreed somebody would have asked why and I tried to explain my reasoning as to why I disagreed It would be boring if everybody gave 1 word answers to every post.
Yes, but it was your reasoning that was wrong! I didn't need to be told we currently have two excellent back up CBs, I already knew! Anyway, enough! Here you are, a present from me especially for you...........

The Last Word. Treasure it!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Izzy Brown has disappointed me I know he hasn,t had a lot of time but what he has had has not exactly been inspiring.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Izzy Brown has disappointed me I know he hasn,t had a lot of time but what he has had has not exactly been inspiring.
What's he supposed to do though? Two starts, one against Man City where he got injured almost immediately, and one against Arsenal on his return from injury playing an unfamiliar position and on a hiding to nothing. Followed by a load of 5-10 minute cameos when we're defending a lead. He really has had no opportunity to disappoint.

I fully expect his next start to be man utd or spurs, when again he will struggle to make an impact. I reckon he'd have done well against Swansea if he'd started but hes not going to get those opportunities yet whilst others are in good form.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Out of those three, it’s comfortably NOT the one we’ve got. I’d have been disappointed with signing Izzy Brown in the Champ.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Out of those three, it’s comfortably NOT the one we’ve got. I’d have been disappointed with signing Izzy Brown in the Champ.

Yet the Huddersfield fans were disappointed they didn't get him back, this season. He hasn't really had a lot of game time to show his capability, due to his injury. I think he will feature more as the season goes on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's laughable really how quickly Izzy Brown is written off by some after so, so little time on the pitch.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It rather looks as though, once Abraham had been bribed to go to Swansea, we were desperate not to miss out on a Chelsea loan player so got the next-best available. Chalobah and Solanke had been sold and RLC had gone to Palace because the poor dear didn't want to leave London, so Izzy Brown was the last chicken in the shop. As has been pointed out, he hasn't really had a chance to show us what he can do, although I thought he looked pretty good when he came on against Everton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here