Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The best prospect from the 3 Chelsea Loan players.

Who has the best loan player!

• Swansea City......Tammy Abraham.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Brighton & Hove Albion......Izzy Brown.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Ruben Loftus Cheek.......Crystal Palace

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Another football player?

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ruben Loftus Cheek had a pretty good England performance against Germany, so who in your opinion will prove to be the best English loan acquisition from Chelsea. Looking good for the English youngsters and I think that lot up the road have a really good player for the season. (Dammitt ):eek:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Funnily enough I read this just now on the BBC...

"Ruben Loftus-Cheek: England debutant capable of anything - Gareth Southgate"

...by which I thought he really means...

"Ruben Loftus-Cheek: England debutant capable of anything. Not saving Palace though. They're shit and ****ed, obvs - Gareth Southgate"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've watched Ruben a few times this season and been impressed with him.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Forgot to add.....vote for the player, not club as that player is only on loan.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No option for Kasey Palmer? The Huddersfield fans were all too keen to inform us at the start of the season that he was one of Chelsea's best prospects.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Not quite convinced about Palmer yet.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ruben Loftus Cheek had a pretty good England performance against Germany, so who in your opinion will prove to be the best English loan acquisition from Chelsea. Looking good for the English youngsters and I think that lot up the road have a really good player for the season. (Dammitt ):eek:

Stephens needs to get a nice hefty kick in on RLC early doors in a couple of weeks.

:guns::guns:

Stumpy Tim

Good to see all three getting game time for their loan clubs, though I'm sure they would like Brown to be getting more. His time will come.

Loftus-Cheek looks the player with most potential though. He's a beast, but extremely skillful. It's fair to say, with the lads coming through from Chelsea, Man City and Spurs especially, the future is bright. I just hope all these lads get game time... even if it's in the Championship

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was impressed with Tomori last season, maybe not a fashionable player but young and has a mature head on his shoulders.

Yes, shame we couldn't get him again this season, IMHO. Apart from anything else, it could have solved the getting-Goldson-out-on-loan-to-get-some-game-time problem.

......and, in reply to the OP question, my answer is Loftus-Cheek.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, shame we couldn't get him again this season, IMHO. Apart from anything else, it could have solved the getting-Goldson-out-on-loan-to-get-some-game-time problem.

......and, in reply to the OP question, my answer is Loftus-Cheek.

We have bought 2 right backs one of whom will eventully be the successor to Bruno. We have two better CB as back up and we have bought a left back as competition for Bong so where would Tomori have fitted in? Simple answer he wouldnt have so we didnt chase after him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have bought 2 right backs one of whom will eventully be the successor to Bruno. We have two better CB as back up and we have bought a left back as competition for Bong so where would Tomori have fitted in? Simple answer he wouldnt have so we didnt chase after him.
Do you not read the right hand side of posts, or what?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What are you getting at? We didnt and still dont need an inexperienced defender we already have them so lets bring our own on not a Chelsea youngster who is no better than our own that we already have.
You said we have two good players covering at CB. I agree, we do, but in the right hand side of my post (or the second sentence, if you prefer - the one you don't appear to have read) it explained exactly where Tomori would fit in. He would have replaced the out-on-loan Goldson who would have been getting much needed game time, having not played for nearly a year now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Abraham - forwards of his size and quality are very rare. Given another couple of years he will really start to show his talent.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This thread highlights how good Chelsea are at scooping up all the promising youngsters from around the country. I wonder how many careers they ruin by having such high numbers of talent and not giving all the genuine class acts a chance? It was depressing to see how many of the U17 World Cup winners were already Chelsea (or Man City).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You said we have two good players covering at CB. I agree, we do, but in the right hand side of my post (or the second sentence, if you prefer - the one you don't appear to have read) it explained exactly where Tomori would fit in. He would have replaced the out-on-loan Goldson who would have been getting much needed game time, having not played for nearly a year now.

I disagree as I think that CG would have benefitted more by staying and training with us and playing as and when required rather than join a team in a lower league. We didnt expect to go out of the League cup so easily and there is still the FA Cup for him to play in apart from being on our bench for league games.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here