Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bangers and mash...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Slice an onion one way (rather than several ways to chop it up).

Then either...

• Place each ring in flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs which also have salt, pepper, herbs and paprika, and deep fry OR...

• Dip each ring in home made batter, and deep fry

Sausage and mash don't need to be tinkered with.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mash with spring onions, Red Leicester cheese, lardons and stir cream in instead of milk and ditch the peas and add Branston baked beans and coleslaw
Sounded quite tasty - until you got to the baked beans! You might even have got away with the baked beans if you hadn't specified Branston - any other baked beans I can eat quite happily, but Branston beans just taste wrong!

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You'd pay what £4 for a good quality meat pie ? A good quality sausage has about the same meat content as the pie has

I would expect more than one sausage worth of meat in a pie myself but maybe I'm just a fat *******! Plus maybe living in the Midlands prices are cheaper. Can only imagine the carnage in Leicester market if people started charging £2 for a sausage!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It sounds obvious, but the main thing to take into account, is the quality of sausage. Always buy from a good quality butchers that make handmade ones as they will have the highest quality of meat and not be filled with cheap fillers like for example Walls pork sausages are.

If you are paying less than £8 for 4 standard size sausages , it's very likely the quality won't be great. Avoid supermarket sausages
Are those sausages specially produced for people with too much money?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It sounds obvious, but the main thing to take into account, is the quality of sausage. Always buy from a good quality butchers that make handmade ones as they will have the highest quality of meat and not be filled with cheap fillers like for example Walls pork sausages are.

If you are paying less than £8 for 4 standard size sausages , it's very likely the quality won't be great. Avoid supermarket sausages

8 quid for 4 sausages? Are you on ****ing glue? I paid 4 quid for 6 from the local butcher. 2 quid a sausage? Who got you ready?!
Anyway, it's no odds, I ****ed off the idea and went out for chips. Cheers though.
£8 for 4 sausages. Do me a favour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
8 quid for 4 sausages? Are you on ****ing glue? I paid 4 quid for 6 from the local butcher. 2 quid a sausage? Who got you ready?!
Anyway, it's no odds, I ****ed off the idea and went out for chips. Cheers though.
£8 for 4 sausages. Do me a favour.

You could get 4 Pork chops or pork fillets for that and they are all meat.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree but just pointing out how silly £8 for 4 sausges is.

It's folly. If I went out of the house with a tenner and came back with 4 sausages and £2 change I may as well come back with magic beans and a receipt from the local knocking shop, the reaction I'd get from Mrs TC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here