Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did I have a grand on it or not?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Penhill runs in the Boyne Hurdle (13:50) at Navan Tomorrow at 9/1. He doesn't look the force of old to me and He's an easy leave. The mighty Tiger Roll makes his seasonal debut in the race but he has other more important targets this season although I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Penhill runs in the Boyne Hurdle (13:50) at Navan Tomorrow at 9/1. He doesn't look the force of old to me and He's an easy leave. The mighty Tiger Roll makes his seasonal debut in the race but he has other more important targets this season although I wouldn't be surprised if he won.

Penhill always looks at his best on decent ground off a slow pace. There's a decent win - or decent run at least - in him possibly at Punchestown in April. I'm certainly not backing him slogging round Navan in this weather.

Now the handicap is out for the National be interesting to see how Tiger roll runs. No point keeping the handbrake on to drop him a few pounds.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Hurdles runs irrelevant for Tigers chase handicap mark. Winning the last two Grand Nationals and last two Cross Country chases at Cheltenham mean any handbrake job will be ignored, as it was in the cross country run in late 2018 when he was out for a stroll round after he’d won the National in 2018. His next three runs were Boyne Hurldle which he won at 25/1, Cross Country Chase won by 22 lengths and then hosing up in the 2019 National. One defeat in the last six, he’s a freak.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Hurdles runs irrelevant for Tigers chase handicap mark. Winning the last two Grand Nationals and last two Cross Country chases at Cheltenham mean any handbrake job will be ignored, as it was in the cross country run in late 2018 when he was out for a stroll round after he’d won the National in 2018. His next three runs were Boyne Hurldle which he won at 25/1, Cross Country Chase won by 22 lengths and then hosing up in the 2019 National. One defeat in the last six, he’s a freak.

I get the official stance that hurdles runs don't count for jumps marks but MOL and bent Gordon are far too smart to have him bolt up before thier marks are announced especially when the handicapper can more or less do what he likes for the National.

I agree he's a freak. I was there for his last defeat and that was a definite handbrake job from the opening market to the nature of the ride. The way he won the 4 miler at Cheltenham clattering every fence on the way was something else.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Penhill is being heavily backed, in to 7/2 second favourite now, which is some punt if he was available at 9/1 yesterday evening.. Tony must be having a play....

Edit, Tiger Roll doubled in price to 8’s.. doesn’t look like this afternoon is his race...

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Penhill backed from 6/1 into 3/1 this morning but there has been a non runner (at 8/1) as well as Tiger drifting like a barge. Can't be having myself, but time will tell. Tiger did win this at 25/1 last year though and I don't believe a word Elliott says about him needing the run although the market is obviously taking notice with 10.5 being available on the machine.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Penhill showed a bit more Today but I'm not convinced about his ability now, maybe a handicap at the Festival rather than the Stayers because he's not winning that this year.

Tiger Roll may well have needed the run a bit but t he gave the outside up to no-one and was never put in the race. A great sharpener for the Cross Country and National though.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Penhill showed a bit more Today but I'm not convinced about his ability now, maybe a handicap at the Festival rather than the Stayers because he's not winning that this year.

Tiger Roll may well have needed the run a bit but t he gave the outside up to no-one and was never put in the race. A great sharpener for the Cross Country and National though.

What handicap ? Won't be qualified for the Pertemps and the rest would be too short a distance

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas City Chief also runs in the 14:50 at Donny, 3/1 on the Sporting Life tissue. Up another four pounds after coming second and carries top weight which is a big ask in a competitive handicap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here