Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It seems like Tony's horses win more often than they lose. Would he make any money from this, or is it more of a (rich man's) hobby?

Racing Post says that he has won £1.3m across all his horses. No idea what he has paid for them and what they cost to keep etc, but if you were to place a £1 bet on every time they ran, you would be £25 up, which is pretty good I would say. I suspect he would put a lot more on than that! His most successful horses are Librisa Breeze and Withhold.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
It seems like Tony's horses win more often than they lose. Would he make any money from this, or is it more of a (rich man's) hobby?

Racing Post says that he has won £1.3m across all his horses. No idea what he has paid for them and what they cost to keep etc, but if you were to place a £1 bet on every time they ran, you would be £25 up, which is pretty good I would say. I suspect he would put a lot more on than that! His most successful horses are Librisa Breeze and Withhold.

Looking a bit more deeply I have found that through the last five years over the jumps and flat in Britain and Ireland his horses ran 210 times and won 43 times. They were placed 46 times. They earned total prize money just short of £2m. If you had bet £1 on all of the runs you would have made a profit of £44.

As KZNSeagull says, who knows how much his costs are!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Looking a bit more deeply I have found that through the last five years over the jumps and flat in Britain and Ireland his horses ran 210 times and won 43 times. They were placed 46 times. They earned total prize money just short of £2m. If you had bet £1 on all of the runs you would have made a profit of £44.

As KZNSeagull says, who knows how much his costs are!
Trainers fees are £50-£80 a day.
Jockey fees are £120 for flat and £160 for jumpers.
Transport costs about £1.50 per mile.
Entries can be between £30/£40 for a crap race at Wolverhampton to £85,000 to supplement a horse for the Derby.
Vets fees could be anything but possibly give yourself £2000 a year as an average.
Shoeing £80 a set.

Then multiply that by the amount of horses he owns. That said, I have a feeling that he makes it pay.

:lolol:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
cheers. Seems a long price for a pretty decent horse running fairly well over both codes this year. £10e/w for me

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tony has a long shot (Stratum) running in the Cesarewitch (4:10 Newmarket) this afternoon - 33/1 with bet365/Lads/BetVictor (7 places with Lads)

Seeing as how the going will doubtless be akin to a freshly ploughed field, a long shot's just as likely to come in as one of the more fancied runners. Gotta be worth an e/w punt. Giddy-up!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Has won on soft ground before, has just been dropped back slightly in trip, and carries a lot less weight than has been won with before.

Six places on the each way.

I've done a cheeky little e/w on this, so it's bound to still be running at about 9pm this evening... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here