Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tony Bloom's horses running thread

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I see that Flaming Spear is running again tomorrow in the big handicap at Ascot (3.35pm)

Ran out a convincing winner at Goodwood last time under Adam Kirby and has been put up 6lb in the ratings as a result - however Ben Coen has been booked to ride tomorrow and takes off a very handy 5lb so he’s running off just a pound higher than at Goodwood.

Must be of interest with the ground to his liking. Currently the 6/1 joint favourite :thumbsup:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
It's a big ask to win one of these handicaps off top weight and I'd preferred Kirby on board or Winston as timing the run is very tricky on this beast. I shall wait until nearer the off to back it because I can't see it being smashed up at those odds, in that field. It should be trying though with £112k to the winner.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Going now soft at Ascot which wont do Flaming Spear any harm. He needs plenty of luck n running but has three less opponents now. I've had a few quid each way in hope more than confidence.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Not the greatest of rides from the apprentice as he had nowhere to go until the last 300 yards and pushed the button far too late. Ran on well for 6th or 7th. There will be other days for him especially with a proper jokey on board.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not the greatest of rides from the apprentice as he had nowhere to go until the last 300 yards and pushed the button far too late. Ran on well for 6th or 7th. There will be other days for him especially with a proper jokey on board.

I'm not sure what sort of ride that was, virtually tailed off before finishing like a train, mind you the stable is in rotten form

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Sleep Easy runs in the 3:20 at Stratford this afternoon in a very competitive handicap. If all 8 turn up he may be worth an each way play at 5/1. I'll not be getting involved until nearer the off as a non runner would turn the three places into two which wouldn't interest me at all. Small stakes only for me, if I play.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Currently 6s on skybet and with Noel Fehilly on board, I'm not messing about with e.w.
Win.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Excellent 2nd place performance.
Shame I went Win only

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Looked like he was going to hose up but found absolutely nothing when Fehily went for him. Very disappointing but in a fine piece of aftertiming I backed the winner:D I wouldn't be looking to back Sleep Easy again to be honest.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Stratum 7/1 fav for the Cesarewitch on Saturday

Short enough that and now only 6/1. It might drift a bit over the next 24 hours and then be smashed up on the day. Winston rode a terrible race in the Ebor as he went up the rail and a non-existent gap. He's another come from behind merchant but this track is better for closers with a mile straight. Tony won the race last year with Withold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here