Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is/was Albions fastest player

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Steve Penney and Brian wade were very quick...as was neil smilie.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Another who was a sprinter to the exclusion of everything else was Dave Armstrong. Speedy winger who I can't recall crossing a ball!

In 50 years watching the Albion Im sure Dave Armstrong was the fastest. The reason he never crossed the ball was he didnt have good enough brakes and he often ended up leaning over the wall at the front of the North Stand.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
For me Frankie Howard just shaded "Flash" Gordon.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Its quite difficult to gage, there are gallopers, buzzers and 100 metre 'sprinters' so lots of different styles, but I spoke to a professional that in the early 80's it was confirmed that the two quickest at the club was Neil Smilie and Mick Ring, they even had a 'run off' which Neil Smilie won, but there was some controversy as Ring had a virus at that time even putting him back for a couple of months where he couldnt train so it was a genuine excuse, Smilie was a buzzer whereas Ring was a very smooth runner, both rapid though.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Mark Lawrenson was extremely quick for a defender . Dave Armstrong was like lightning . Wardy also .

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Another vote for Ward here. Peter not the other one who went to Burnley who for some insane reason I cannot think of his first name.....Grrrrrr

Jose probably a lot faster though PW was always first to the ball whenever I watched him play, sweet memories.
Although I still can't remember whatshisname!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Where's Tony 'tiger in his tank' Towner?

Gary Nelson was as quick as anyone, like a rapier going through the heart of many a defence.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Our fastest current player is surprising, as is that of a lot of the teams. Try and have a guess who the fastest is for each team before watching

Baleba

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our fastest current player is surprising, as is that of a lot of the teams. Try and have a guess who the fastest is for each team before watching

Baleba

Then I saw his pace; now I’m a Baleba!

Assume that this must be fastest recorded this season, as Lamptey was fastest in world a couple of seasons ago.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Antonio is West Ham's fastest? Isn't he 45? Cant help but love that guy. Proper honest pro.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
After that Sanchez sprint the other day he must be the fastest at Chelsea. That was over 35kmh..that's like fastest in league quick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here