Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] UK Independence Day 28/29 March 2018

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be clear, remoaners whine on about a cliff edge being a disaster and now they whine about a two-year implementation?

You're obviously too clever for me, just stating what has been the obvious to anyone with a brain cell since the day after the election, we are not leaving on 29/3/18 :shrug:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
We had one in 1975 though, and 67% of the population who voted, voted remain, now that is a proper majority.

My glib answer would be that maybe the 67% thought that by staying in, it would give another £350m a week to the NHS.

My main point though is that by trying to dupe the people of this country, the establishment will always be found out.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The people of Grimsby who voted Leave by 70%, have asked if special agreements can be made with them & Europe, as they've now realised what they're losing. Special agreements like what they've had for the last 40 years.

oooooh so close.......yet at the same time so far way.
The business community of Grimsby, namely(and mostly) the fishing processing part are seeking to become an international free trade zone/ free trade port, as exists in other countries, something they would not be able to do whilst we are still in the EU as it would conflict with the regulations surrounding state aid.

Nothing like a bit of project deliberatelydonttellthewholetruth

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's whoever the public would vote for if we didn't have a monarchy ... Mrs T/Blair being the two most successful leaders in recent history.

Who's to say it would be a politician though. If there was a consensus for a non politician, I'm sure a majority would prefer it. I like the Queen, she has done a marvellous job over the last sixty years, it's the system I don't like. We have been incredibly lucky with her, things may not be so good under her son,( Thank god it won't be Andrew though)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You're obviously too clever for me, just stating the obvious, that we are not leaving on 29/3/18 :shrug:

Well, we are officially leaving March 2019. The (yet to be agreed) implementation period would just be a temporary arrangement to facilitate a smoother transition to our new status. Surely you support this ..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, we are officially leaving March 2019. The (yet to be agreed) implementation period would just be a temporary arrangement to facilitate a smoother transition to our new status. Surely you support this ..

And you believe this :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Although if you believed Boris and Nige, Im not sure why I'm surprised you believed this

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So who do you think does represent what you believe what you voted for ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
And you believe this :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Although if you believed Boris and Nige, Im not sure why I'm surprised you believed this

Yes, I believe we will leave in March 2019 and that there may be a short-term transition period. Would you prefer a cliff edge or a transition period?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, I believe we will leave in March 2019 and that there may be a short-term transition period. Would you prefer a cliff edge or a transition period?

If it was me, I wouldn't choose to run towards a cliff edge, rather than think about what i was going to do when i got to full speed

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And you cast your vote accordingly but over 17 million chose a different path. As a champion of democracy, I'm sure you support the democratic will of the majority being enacted.

Indubitably, until that decision is overturned by a new decision like the 1975 referendum was overturned by the 2015 one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was right the first time then ... whining about cliff edges and about transition periods :tantrum:

There's no whining, you are now up shit creek and asking me which way to paddle ? You wanted out in 2 years and now you are saying another alternative is better.

I'll repeat for the hard of understanding - Do not get in the f***ing canoe in the first place, I really don't know how i can make it any simpler :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There's no whining, you are now up shit creek and asking me which way to paddle ?

I'll repeat for the hard of understanding - Do not get in the f***ing canoe in the first place, I really don't know how i can make it any simpler :shrug:

No whining then you whine on. We are where we are yet you have no preferences about the best way to navigate to the destination. The good ship Brittania has set a course agreed by the majority .. best you get over it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No whining then you whine on. We are where we are yet you have no preferences about the best way to navigate to the destination. The good ship Brittania has set a course agreed by the majority .. best you get over it.

I'll be fine thanks. As you rightly say the destination is set, good luck with the navigation. I'm just pointing out that we won't hit land till long after 29/3/18

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here