Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's best ever header of a ball

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
9 pages in and as far as I can tell no one has said Matt Upson !

The mans head was a magnet to the ball.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Bobby Smith. Ex Spurs centre forward, second only to Jimmy Greaves in goals scored for Spurs... came to Brighton in the sunset of his career in 1964/5. We all thought it was a hoax that he'd signed, as Brighton were in the old 4th Division then. I watched him score some bullet headers at the Goldstone. He didn't run much then, ambled around just onside, got near the 6 yard box and thumped in most crosses that came his way. Awesome!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Must be some statto out there who can find out who has scored the most headed goals ?

Certainly in recent years would be interesting, take out the strikers, then Dunk must be up there ?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you were lucky enough to be at The city ground the night we took their long long unbeaten run off them, you'd vote for Steve Foster.
What a performance as he seemed to head away cross after cross after cross.
There are a number of candidates for second place, but he was a masterclass that night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In Dunk, Duffy and Murray, we're doing alright at the moment. Even though it was deflected, that header Murray scored against Southampton was sublime. We've even got Tomer in reserve.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There are a number I can think of including "Sir" Norman Gall, John Napier, Foster, Johnny Good hold....... Still probably go with Alex Dawson. Immense!
There was a young Welsh lad played late 50's/early 60's who could head a ball a fair distance. Got killed in a car crash in the Elan Valley. Can't for the life of me remember his name.......and I have a vague memory of a headed goal from inside our own half way way back but it could be a false memory or indeed apocryphal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here