Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's best ever header of a ball

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Another shout for Alex Dawson. He could head the ball harder than most could kick it.

7537E700-A1F0-4F69-853F-5F122AF8379D.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Although he's got better of late, Bruno usually avoids heading the ball when he can. Jake Robinson was woeful and who was that player we used to have that was photographed carrying some girl out of a nightclub? He had a fifty pence piece for a head.

Liam Dickenson I think - But as I say, I can't remember much of him!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Cant remember Alex Dawson but remember how I thought Fozzie was unstoppable in the air, albeit a total lummox elsewhere.

Duffy certainly the best since then.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I remember the Nigerian (?) defender we had on loan who had work permit problems being good in the air. I seem to remember away at Barnet (in the worst rain ever!) he cleared a header from the box to the halfway line. Didn't play enough games with us to be considered but as a one off his Barnet header deserves a mention.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Connor Goldson yet. When he came into the squad, one of the things that stood out for me was that he won pretty much EVERY challenge in the air. His timing and positioning always seemed to give him the edge against the striker.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Difficult to compare generations which headed everything from a ball of concrete to present day memory foam. But Glen gets my vote as he heads the ball in defence and attack, and it is usually directed rather than trying to achieve distance.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Of all the defenders mentioned I would say Steve Foster for 2 reasons. He was also the dominating presence in the box like none of the other, if the ball was in the centre he was on the end of it. He could go forward and bang in quite a few from corners as well. He was in essence just a head but he was well worth his place in the squad.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Another one for Alex Dawson

The only header I can find on video 0:43 secs

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've seen many generations of Brighton players, and have been fortunate to see the likes of Foster, Young (all 3 - Willie, Alan and Eric), Sammy Nelson, Keith Dublin, Doug Rougvie, Danny Cullip, Nicky Bissett, Chris Cattlin, Martin Chivers, Derek Allan, Gary Hobson, Colin Pates, Paul Clark, Teddy Maybank, Andy Rollings, Neil Mellor, Hans Kraay, Gary O'Reilly, Larry May, Stefan Iovan, plus the modern crop.... but I don't think I've ever been soooo impressed by anyone's heading ability, it terms of raw power, dominance and the ability to head the ball a ****ing long way was

Shane Duffy

Agree for defensive headers,

Ulloa may be for attacking headers.

No contender for glancing headers for goals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here