againstmodernfootball.png

Available at https://teegulls.co.uk *

* I have nothing to do with this site, just sayin'
** Sorry about the MASSIVE image :blush:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Of all the hot drinks at the Amex, only the Bovril is palatable.

I didn't realise how difficult was to get a decent bog-standard cup of tea or coffee at a large venue. Even the tea - PG Tips - is vile. It takes talent to get it that revolting. Mind you, that awful UHT muck doesn't help.

Edit: Take some of that back. They hot chocolate in Dick's is pretty good. At least it's not instant hot chocolate in there.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Unfortunately making decent coffee takes time - imagine the queues if they had proper coffee machines, and the chances of the Sodexho minimum wage casual bar staff getting up to speed at operating as proper 'baristas' are close to zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Unfortunately making decent coffee takes time - imagine the queues if they had proper coffee machines, and the chances of the Sodexho minimum wage casual bar staff getting up to speed at operating as proper 'baristas' are close to zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally understand and agree with this, so why not have a small dedicated coffee outlet in the stand like they do for beer or put a good coffee machine in where they sell sweets, ques are never that big there.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I generally find them ok, but last night I had one poured and as the coffee and milk dribbled out and left it and went somewhere else. I'm quite partial to McDonalds coffee, to be honest. Imagine THAT – a Golden Arches at the AMEX!

:facepalm:

The only trouble with the instant machines you can't order your quirky coffee, which probably not a bad thing. Last weekend a bloke in front of me in the queue must have made about 4 or 5 requests, an extra shot, extra hot, and god knows what else.
Just image the lengthy Amex queues with all coffee hipsters showing off

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm sure there is a coffee van thing outside Falmer station, not sure what that is like?

Can you take a flask into the Amex these days?

Even though I'm a decent coffee lover, it's not a the top of my list of requirements for match day, unless its v cold.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure there is a coffee van thing outside Falmer station, not sure what that is like?

Even though I'm a decent coffee lover, it's not a the top of my list of requirements for match day, unless its v cold.

Not many people drink their coffee frappe. :smile:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham

You can in teh family stand, not sure about the rest of the ground.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I agree the Amex coffee is overpriced dishwater ! .. On a Winter's day I would love a decent brew.
Re take-ins , the stewards frisking me said on my last visit that one could take drinks in a plastic bottle and food in paper or plastic box . That was the East Stand.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I agree the Amex coffee is overpriced dishwater ! .. On a Winter's day I would love a decent brew.
Re take-ins , the stewards frisking me said on my last visit that one could take drinks in a plastic bottle and food in paper or plastic box . That was the East Stand.

An elderly gentleman who sits in front of me in the Lower West, regularly brings in his thermos full of tea.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I only drink black coffee, McDonalds isn't bad however I suffer north stand black coffee but only 3 times a match !, suppose you could take a small plastic bottle with your diluted brand to improve it ??

If they can sell Pizza and Fried chicken in the stands why not coffee. Some things I dislike about modern football but the improvements in what food and drink is on offer is not one of them. Tickets hitting the £40 and £50 you want some value for that kind of money.

You don't get free food/drink for your £40/£50:facepalm: Never understand this obsession to stuff your face just because you are at a footie game:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here