Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Butland - broken finger

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he hasnt shown recently that he hasnt regained the form which put him in the England team pre injury. None of those in the England squad have looked good against us neither Hart, Forster, or Pickford

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And Stockdale decided to go and play for a shit 2nd division club. In World Cup year.

Go figure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
DS must realize that had he stayed with us he would have been possibly selected for the England squad, as many said when he ws dithering about a contract but it is his loss.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
DS must realize that had he stayed with us he would have been possibly selected for the England squad, as many said when he ws dithering about a contract but it is his loss.

Not necessarily. He could have been on the bench with Ryan as no.1.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Had he signed or even indicated hat he was going to sign, when first offered a contract, it is a fair assumption that we possibly wouldnt have signed Ryan.

Totally disagree, I'm sure we would have signed Ryan regardless as he is a far superior keeper to DS.

Anyway, I wasn't expecting this thread to turn into DS bashing! Surely if Butland is out it gives us a big boost though, he's an outstanding keeper when fit.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Honestly, Stockdale isn't good enough for England. He's overrated on this site, I'm happy the club refused to pay him more. Championship is his level.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had he signed or even indicated hat he was going to sign, when first offered a contract, it is a fair assumption that we possibly wouldnt have signed Ryan.

Absolutely not the case. Signing Ryan was a mission that started a year before and Stockdale was very aware that he would face strong competition (and latterly frim whom) and was likely to be second favourite to claim the starting position.

Jul 7, 2003
Ruled out of the England games.

Whilst never wanting to see a player injured and all that, hopefully he won't be out for long but long enough to miss the 20th?!

Bit harsh?

Depending on the break, probably four weeks out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here