Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fasten Sealtbelts sign on on a plane - and you really REALLY have to go...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Prompted by the 'Have You Ever Wet Yourself?' thread...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?353980-Have-you-ever-wet-yourself

What's the NSC take on when you're on a plane and the Fasten Seatbelts sign is on and you really REALLY have to go?

Few close calls over the years and eternal in-flight paranoia and constant galley-queue-monitoring,but have never yet crossed the line into that dark and slowly-spreading place. You?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
You are not allowed to go. I've seen air hostesses blocking the path of people trying to go in turbulence

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I've always wondered this. Say for example you had an attack of the explosive rusty water, would they rather you shat yourself than using the toilet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good question, especially as there are stories around with headlines like "Plane forced to make emergency landing 500 miles from destination due to smelly poo."

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Came extremely close on last long haul I did. Thankfully once on the ground but still taxi-ing I was able to charge in (after holding for 10-15mins) past the accepting stewardess. Certainly felt good. Had been pulling faces since the sign came on from about the 2nd row.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What is the actual chance of dying though due to having a shit while the plane is taking off?

I don't know, probably about the same as suddenly and dramatically having to have a shit during that 5 minutes which you had no inclination of 5 minutes earlier :lolol:

Turbulence though, thats a different matter. When you hit bad turbulence, you want to be strapped in. I've seen people go absolutely flying across the plane and once I saw a bloke slammed into the ceiling.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I don't know, probably about the same as suddenly and dramatically having to have a shit during that 5 minutes which you had no inclination of 5 minutes earlier :lolol:

Turbulence though, thats a different matter. When you hit bad turbulence, you want to be strapped in. I've seen people go absolutely flying across the plane and once I saw a bloke slammed into the ceiling.

Fair point! I guess I was thinking more of having to fly with food poisoning or the like and being constantly in and out of the toilet.

Thankfully I've never experienced turbulence quite that bad before!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Flatulence though, thats a different matter. When you hit bad flatulence, you want to be strapped in. I've seen people go absolutely flying across the plane and once I saw a bloke slammed into the ceiling.

Fixed that for you :thumbsup:

Sorry, yes, you're quite correct, I WILL be disappointed with that childishness :down:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
A bloke I work with always dehydrates himself hours before doing things like going to the cinema or flying to avoid needing the khazi. I do it in certain situations, driving my daughter up to Manchester a few weeks back, managed the trip back down to Sussex without stopping at Services, which with delays was about a 7 hour journey, and I've got a bladder the size of a baby squirrel. Do it sometimes pre-Amex as well.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I thought that as long as they have made a reasonable (verbal) effort to keep you in your seat with your belt fastened, they have satisfied their liability requirements. If you then get injured whilst defying the instructions, they are not legally responsible. I think that's all they really care about and accept that people will defy the rules if they have no option.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Went on a mates stag do in Prague this summer, hours of drinking in the airport before the flight and stupidly didn't go before getting on the plane..
It was by far the nearest I've come to pissing myself, 2 mates had to stop me from getting up as the plane was climbing, I reckon I was about 10 seconds away from peeing in a sick bag before the lights went off and I legged it faster than Linford Christie to the front of the plane, I'm sure some people thought I was going to storm the cockpit!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've seen video footage of that sort of thing, but never experienced such bad turbulence while on board. I imagine that would be quite scary.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've seen video footage of that sort of thing, but never experienced such bad turbulence while on board. I imagine that would be quite scary.

Having experienced it a couple of times (get some stonking thunderstorms in this part of the world) I get pretty scared in anticipation even at the slightest turbulence. Mentally scarred I reckon :lolol: and I take about 8 flights a month when I'm over here

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A bloke I work with always dehydrates himself hours before doing things like going to the cinema or flying to avoid needing the khazi. I do it in certain situations, driving my daughter up to Manchester a few weeks back, managed the trip back down to Sussex without stopping at Services, which with delays was about a 7 hour journey, and I've got a bladder the size of a baby squirrel. Do it sometimes pre-Amex as well.

Without wishing to sound like a patronising ****, driving on motorways for SEVEN HOURS, taking no breaks at all is risking not just your own safety, but everyone else's too. The fact that you're deliberately adding dehydration to the fatigue, is the cherry on the cake :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here