Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Looks like Unsworth will get the Everton job.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I doubt Everton will be in the bottom 3 by the end of the season.

More likely to be Swansea based on their efforts (sic) last week.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Swansea and Bournemouth to go down.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure whether it guarantees that, but almost certain it won't work long-term if its Unsworth. In most cases - Shakespeare being just the most recent - putting a No2 in charge who the players all say they want is a disaster. When a club is in trouble, it is virtually the worst thing you can do. It needs shaking up, and players can't feel comfortable. They shouldn't feel comfortable. I would almost always veer away from whoever it is the players say they want at this stage, before the position has been handed out.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just a little reminder of the experts' pre-season bottom three predictions. And to be fair, this wasn't just the Mirror. I remember seeing a very similar one in The Times, with us, Burnley and Huddersfield the overwhelming picks.

Daily Mirror Premier League bottom three

John Cross: Huddersfield, Brighton, Swansea.

Andy Dunn: Stoke, Newcastle, Huddersfield.

Simon Mullock: Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield.

Darren Lewis: Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield.

David Maddock: Newcastle, Swansea, Huddersfield.

Adrian Kajumba: Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield.

David McDonnell: Burnley, Brighton, Huddersfield.

Mike Walters: Stoke, Burnley, Brighton.

Neil Moxley: Burnley, West Brom, Brighton.

Hamish Mackay: Brighton, Huddersfield, Swansea.

Ibrahim Mustapha: Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield.

Aaron Flanagan: Huddersfield, Burnley, Brighton.

Alex Richards: West Brom, Burnley, Huddersfield.

COMBINED MIRROR FOOTBALL PREDICTION: Huddersfield, Brighton, Burnley.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
releg.JPG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure whether it guarantees that, but almost certain it won't work long-term if its Unsworth. In most cases - Shakespeare being just the most recent - putting a No2 in charge who the players all say they want is a disaster. When a club is in trouble, it is virtually the worst thing you can do. It needs shaking up, and players can't feel comfortable. They shouldn't feel comfortable. I would almost always veer away from whoever it is the players say they want at this stage, before the position has been handed out.

Well it worked out alright with Hinshelw....

...oh

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope they give the job to Unsworth as it will make our survival chances a lot better but in an ideal world I would like to see Palace. Bournemouth and Southampton relegated but I think the best I can hope for is 2 out of 3.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Everton will be safe, they'll buy big again in Jan and end up in Mid table. Unfortunately Palace nor Bournemouth will be going down either. For me it's between Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Southampton, West Ham, us and Huddersfield.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think its an awful appointment if true, the caretaker getting the job full-time rarely works out, but if he does the decent thing and beats Palace next week all will be good.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Nothing, and l mean NOTHING, not even the demise of Palarse, would make me happier than seeing Mr Eddie Smug-Perfect take the tumble into the Championship.

Palace & Bournemouth going down would be ideal. Huddersfield would be my 3rd choice as a dream ticket for relegation. Just can't be having Wagner; it's all about him all the time, the Ubertwat.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think its an awful appointment if true, the caretaker getting the job full-time rarely works out, but if he does the decent thing and beats Palace next week all will be good.

Perhaps they don't have much of a choice when you look at their supposed shortlist:

Fat Sam - Too greedy
Dyche / Silva - Why leave where they are?
Simoene - My sides hurt
Unsworth

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. I hope Unsworth gets the job - he'll be gone inside a year.
2. If we beat Palace shortly then we'll be 14 points above them, and they surely won't be able to make up a gap of that size?

Back to Unsworth - how lucky was he that Cleverley missed that pen to equalize for Watford?! It's funny to think that the other big North-West clubs have global stars coaches in Mourinho, Pep and Klopp, while Everton will be looked after - to quote Joey Barton - by a fat PE teacher.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here