Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Looks like Unsworth will get the Everton job.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Back to Unsworth - how lucky was he that Cleverley missed that pen to equalize for Watford?!

It was a massive stroke of LUCK that recent Everton player Cleverly, managed to physically fight off Richarlison, to take the penalty the Brazilian had won, only to SMASH it five yards wide of the post, yes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It was a massive stroke of LUCK that recent Everton player Cleverly, managed to physically fight off Richarlison, to take the penalty the Brazilian had won, only to SMASH it five yards wide of the post, yes.

With Cleverley being a former Everton player too. Hmmm . .

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hope they give the job to Unsworth as it will make our survival chances a lot better but in an ideal world I would like to see Palace. Bournemouth and Southampton relegated but I think the best I can hope for is 2 out of 3.

All that matters to me, is that we survive. We are all crowing now because we are in the top half of the table, but there is still three quarters of the season to go. and our last few games have been against some of the 'easier' teams. Let's face it we aren't going to finish 8th. Call me negative but survival really has to be what it's all about this season.

I got mildly angry when someone on here the other day was talking about us getting into Europe. They need a reality check.;

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All that matters to me, is that we survive. We are all crowing now because we are in the top half of the table, but there is still three quarters of the season to go. and our last few games have been against some of the 'easier' teams. Let's face it we aren't going to finish 8th. Call me negative but survival really has to be what it's all about this season.

So true and I agree 100%. We must just pick up points as and when they present themselves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everton will be safe, they'll buy big again in Jan and end up in Mid table. Unfortunately Palace nor Bournemouth will be going down either. For me it's between Swansea, Stoke, West Brom, Southampton, West Ham, us and Huddersfield.
More likely to be Bournemouth than Southampton.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Nothing, and l mean NOTHING, not even the demise of Palarse, would make me happier than seeing Mr Eddie Smug-Perfect take the tumble into the Championship.
They'll have sacked him before theyget relegated, maybe try to get BFS in if he doesn't go to Everton. If not, maybe Harry is available...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
My top relegation choice is: not us.
Past that, if I am given a vote on it, I will choose:

1. Palace
2. Plucky
3. Whatever team David Wagner is managing

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
I hope they give the job to Unsworth as it will make our survival chances a lot better but in an ideal world I would like to see Palace. Bournemouth and Southampton relegated but I think the best I can hope for is 2 out of 3.

The beauty of this game is rivalry, take those 3 out of the equation and you are looking at Arsenal , Chelsea, Spurs etc. I know which games I would rather watch any day.
How people want to eliminate those clubs from the same league as us, I fail to understand. Probably the 3 most games I would want to see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Really can't see Palace or Bmuff dropping, no idea who will though just yet, too early still.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The beauty of this game is rivalry, take those 3 out of the equation and you are looking at Arsenal , Chelsea, Spurs etc. I know which games I would rather watch any day.
How people want to eliminate those clubs from the same league as us, I fail to understand. Probably the 3 most games I would want to see.

Are you saying you would rather watch a substandard Bournemouth Southampton and Palace in preference to the class.,skill and individuals of Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Not sure whether it guarantees that, but almost certain it won't work long-term if its Unsworth. In most cases - Shakespeare being just the most recent - putting a No2 in charge who the players all say they want is a disaster. When a club is in trouble, it is virtually the worst thing you can do. It needs shaking up, and players can't feel comfortable. They shouldn't feel comfortable. I would almost always veer away from whoever it is the players say they want at this stage, before the position has been handed out.

Perhaps this is why Nathan Jones didn’t get the job after Hyypia?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Having seen Southampton rather more than I'd like this season (ie at all), I'm reasonably sure that my tip that they're a relegation outsider is accurate. Their manager seems to have no discernible plan for scoring goals, their midfield is pedestrian, the goalkeeper is suspect and they have too many bang average players. If anything happens to Steven Davis, I think they could sink quickly.

Unfortunately I think Palace will get out of it. Sakho, sadly, is a decent defender and when Benteke gets back from injury Zahaha might find someone on the end of those low crosses in front of goal like the one against Spurs at Wembley.

What's that you say? A shot?!??

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Having seen Southampton rather more than I'd like this season (ie at all), I'm reasonably sure that my tip that they're a relegation outsider is accurate. Their manager seems to have no discernible plan for scoring goals, their midfield is pedestrian, the goalkeeper is suspect and they have too many bang average players. If anything happens to Steven Davis, I think they could sink quickly.

Unfortunately I think Palace will get out of it. Sakho, sadly, is a decent defender and when Benteke gets back from injury Zahaha might find someone on the end of those low crosses in front of goal like the one against Spurs at Wembley.

Like the one after he'd gone round the keeper? :D

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
For what it’s worth, i’m convinced Palace will stay up. Sahko, Zaha, Bentecke and Loftus-cheek are on another level to the players at the likes of Swansea

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

14-1 still available on Saints to be relegated. Really don't understand that.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Palace and who cares as long as its not us?

Reality? I think this is one of the most open relegation battles I can remember. You can make a case for everyone up to Burnley. Palace statistically are dead men walking but you look at their team and how truncated the division is and they can get out of it (please God no)

I think the next few weeks to Christmas will be crucial. We have some tough games while the pikeys have some easier ones. If we can keep close to the point a game target by Jan I think we'll be a good shape to stay up. If Palace don't close the gap significantly or escape the relegation zone in that time they are doomed... Fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here