Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Restaurant recommendations

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Looking for some recommendations for decent restaurant in Brighton this Saturday, nothing too fancy, but maybe something a little bit different or quirky.
Just me and the Mrs.
Over to you NSC

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you had a look through the Restaurant thread?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Planet India, Richmond Parade
Curry Leaf Cafe
Plateau

I'd try for a table at 64 degrees personally.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Earlier this year the chef slagged off our fair city effectively calling the residents a bunch of unsophisticated diners who were too backwards to appreciate his vision and that he wanted to relocate to Shoreditch (or similar) where he believes he would be rightfully lauded as a genius (or similar).
He subsequently backtracked and apologised but still wants out.
I'm not funding his 'journey'.
Ate there once a couple of years ago, nice staff, food nothing special.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Earlier this year the chef slagged off our fair city effectively calling the residents a bunch of unsophisticated diners who were too backwards to appreciate his vision and that he wanted to relocate to Shoreditch (or similar) where he believes he would be rightfully lauded as a genius (or similar).

Just found the comments:

“Brighton is not the right place for Silo. Brighton has been a beautiful three years of getting it wrong then getting it right and we’re doing well but I’ve had to dumb down what I do. Brighton does not have the contemporary food culture that’s needed for Silo."

I think it's fair to say he lacks a bit of nous.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You took The Argus sensationalist interpretation of his comments. I didn't, but even if he did say such things, it's not drastically important to me, whereas the food is, which is of an extremely high standard in my view.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Casa Don Carlos in The Lanes for a tried and trusted menu of exquisite tapas.

I concur, I really like that place.
Also, again in the tapas/small plates theme, Polpo near the dome is a nice romantic setting. Good food, a little pricier though. You could have cocktails on the balcony in Oki San afterwards, weather permitting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here