Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] If you're interested in Bitcoins (or simply tech) read this...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve been reading up on that Trezor thingy. Might give Bitcoins another go.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Through the $10,000 ceiling.

_98968133_timeline_bitcoin-nc.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bonkers isnt it?

i'm holding out for 50k :thumbsup::jester:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Litecoin rose 1207% during the last 12 months, while Bitcoin rose 550%. Forget price per coin, look at value. I purchased a load at £30 a pop a while ago.. valued at £73 this morning. Very happy with it. Faster transactions than Bitcoin, lower fees, and atomic swaps on the way.. and a halving in 2019 will surely push it up a bit.

I have now withdrawn my original investment, plus a little extra. The rest I'm leaving in as whatever happens I'm 'up'.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
went screaming post £10k overnight.

its all bonkers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
45% rise since the start of Dec. All booms bust, a lot of people are going to lose their shirts, just a case of when

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the only reason the price is rising that mug-punters now think it will keep rising for a good while yet ?

At some point you need to bank the profit before the price crash.

Is it time to sell sell sell ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yes some people will lose, some will win. It's volatile for sure.

But who knows where the ceiling is in the long term post bubble pop?

It's risen by 30+% in the last week. At some stage the bubble will pop but when?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes some people will lose, some will win. It's volatile for sure.

But who knows where the ceiling is in the long term post bubble pop?

It's risen by 30+% in the last week. At some stage the bubble will pop but when?

Must be time for anybody sitting on huge potential profits to start banking a healthy chunk of it, and limit their exposure to the inevitable pending price correction shirley?

Why bank it when it's the new currency? What evidence that it will pop given the limited supply?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2017/08/30/bitcoin-is-the-new-gold/

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Is the only reason the price is rising that mug-punters now think it will keep rising for a good while yet ?

i have a suspicion a lot of the rise is because people with bitcoin swapping to altcoins then switching back. as its relatively difficult to withdraw, people aren't taking much out and why would you when its going to be x2, x5 next month or year? so the money stays within a relatively closed system, inflating one then the other, then another, then back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why bank it when it's the new currency? What evidence that it will pop given the limited supply?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2017/08/30/bitcoin-is-the-new-gold/

The language is much the same as it was at the time of the dotcom bubble, about how you had to get on board RIGHT NOW and ride off into a golden sunset of unlimited upside, or lose out. Not advocating getting out completely, just saying it might be wise to bank some of your profits and let ride only the money you can comfortably afford to lose. Else you're trying to call the top of the market ahead of the herd. Some in the herd are getting twitchy. Wouldn't take much to spook them and trigger one almighty stampede to sell. Good luck anyways.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The language is much the same as it was at the time of the dotcom bubble, about how you had to get on board RIGHT NOW and ride off into a golden sunset of unlimited upside, or lose out. Not advocating getting out completely, just saying it might be wise to bank some of your profits and let ride only the money you can comfortably afford to lose. Else you're trying to call the top of the market ahead of the herd. Some in the herd are getting twitchy. Wouldn't take much to spook them and trigger one almighty stampede to sell. Good luck anyways.

This is essential advice anyway. A readjustment probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here