Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Assuming there are 2 of you, which side of the bed do you sleep?

Assuming there are 2 of you, which side of the bed do you sleep on?

• Left

Votes: 80 40.8%
  • Right

Votes: 116 59.2%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
On the right, but naturally have always made myself closest to the door.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This even extends to always walking on the pavement closest to the road - it's just the natural urge to protect.

Not sure about that. If we're walking along a pavement with a road one side, and a park / bushes / etc the other, she'd want protecting from the latter rather than the road.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Okay my theory is that the most dominant person in the relationship should sleep nearest the door. A man who has manned up should sleep nearest the door. A man who has allowed himself to be walked all over will sleep furthest from the door. I asked the left right question as I didn’t want to sway the discussion/poll towards this theory but knew it would come out of this.

Surely it's far more likely that men are likely to sleep wherever is coolest - in my case next to the open window - as women tend to feel the cold more?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Okay my theory is that the most dominant person in the relationship should sleep nearest the door. A man who has manned up should sleep nearest the door. A man who has allowed himself to be walked all over will sleep furthest from the door. I asked the left right question as I didn’t want to sway the discussion/poll towards this theory but knew it would come out of this.

I am female and sleep nearest the door. Wouldn't say I am the most dominant person though - him indoors thinks he is. :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Rubbish that.

I would say that my marriage has no dominant partner, but I however will always put myself in harms way first over my wife and children.

This even extends to always walking on the pavement closest to the road, it's not a sign of dominance it's just the natural urge to protect.

You have worded what I think in a much better way than I did I have to say. Dominant wasn't quite the right word.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
On the left, nearest the bathroom door, the same distance away from the door to the landing as my wife. I'm left handed, and I can't hear so well out of my left ear. Hope this helps confirm the findings so far.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Right side. And the bedroom door is on the left. (We're both right-handed btw)

Also when my wife and I are walking together I have to walk on the right-hand side of her.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
On the left, nearest the bathroom door, the same distance away from the door to the landing as my wife. I'm left handed, and I can't hear so well out of my left ear. Hope this helps confirm the findings so far.

You're only on this thread to SHOW OFF about having an ensuite. I know your game.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
On the left; although interestingly (for me,anyway) in our current house that means I am nearest the door, and away from the window, but in our previous house, I was nearest the window and furthest from the door.

On holiday the better half always sleeps nearest the window and furthest from the door.

Fascinating stuff. You could be on to something here. I don't know what it is, but you could be on to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here