Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Gun owners in America sending out this advert about gun ownership

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I think you are all missing a trick here. I am now legally able to carry a concealed gun when in the mighty USA. Suckers!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
<cough> "Special Relationship" <cough>

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't get the obsession with the USA and guns when it's not even the worse place in the Americas and if anything it's 3rd.
Brazil had 50,000 gun deaths last year and it's way up this year and Mexico had 25,000 gun deaths last year and its way up this year.

Maybe because our media is way obsessed with the USA I guess compared to the others near by :)

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I think you are all missing a trick here. I am now legally able to carry a concealed gun when in the mighty USA. Suckers!

But does it have to stay concealed, or can you reveal it? Would you have to shoot it through your trouser pocket?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
<cough> "Special Relationship" <cough>

A recently retired senior White House staffer was talking in the Sunday Times a month ago about how the Special Relationship was really just a joke as far as they were concerned, something to be dutifully mentioned every time they met us but actually meaning half of bugger all. They snigger at us in private. Still, I'm sure the chlorinated and abused chickens we'll soon be forced to buy from them will taste very nice.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:ffsparr:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
cgl.jpg

The Brainless, Americans utter tools

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Is that real, or is it actually a scam? Free test, but you have to pay for the certificate. Why would time be "limited" if it is genuine? (Though I hope time would be very limited!)

It’s real but it’s not actually free if you do want the certificate proving you passed the test, which is required if you want to apply for a licence to carry a concealed gun. As far as I know, these online gun training courses are only recognised by Virginia State so that’s where you have to apply. You would still need to submit all the paperwork and pass the background checks before obtaining your licence. The licence is only valid for Virginia but the loophole is it is also valid in any state that has reciprocal agreements with them, which is just over half of the states.

The ‘limited’ element is that Virginia are apparently considering no longer recognising online gun training schemes which would end this abuse although those already granted a licence in this way would retain them.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Even when it's little kids being shot?

If only they had had enough firearms, then they wouldn't have been shot. (not sure what the correct amount is, but i would imagine its somewhere close to carrying so many that they are not longer visible to anyone else and the layers of guns covering their bodies are able to stop the bullets fired their way from reaching any flesh, but even that may not be enough)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
A recently retired senior White House staffer was talking in the Sunday Times a month ago about how the Special Relationship was really just a joke as far as they were concerned, something to be dutifully mentioned every time they met us but actually meaning half of bugger all. They snigger at us in private. Still, I'm sure the chlorinated and abused chickens we'll soon be forced to buy from them will taste very nice.

Been obvious for a while. Find it a bit cringeworthy that we feel we have to bleat on about it, like it's some kind of badge of honour. It's a long time since World War 2, and since Ronnie and Maggie, the relationship has only been special to the media and the gullible. We have a lot of shared history but let's not delude ourselves that the US act in their interests and only their interests

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here