Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stevenage U23's 3 -1 Albion U23's match report.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 side were eliminated from the Checkatrade Trophy this evening, as Stevenage ran out 3-1 winners at the Lamex Stadium.

The Seagulls struggled to get going throughout, and after Alex Samuel’s brace and Kyle Wootton’s penalty put Boro comfortably ahead, Jamie Murphy scored a late consolation in stoppage time.

Match report..........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's very disappointing for several reasons. Firstly, we put out a very strong team, with a lot of PL and Championship players in the line up - and lost. As Lush said, no-one knocking on Hughton's door on that performance. Secondly, although some disapprove of the whole concept of the Checkatrade Trophy, I'd like to have seen us at least in the later stages, if not even better. Thirdly, the young players in that team were probably those closest to a break through - Connolly, Tilley, Ahannach and Molumbey - and they don't seem to have furthered their cause much.

Oh well. Bad day at the office, I guess. Bring on the real stuff again after this bloody international break!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
On the other hand, Skalak has edged closer to a recall to the first team.............

Very much doubt that. Not good enough. I would bin Murphy also in Jan

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's very disappointing for several reasons. Firstly, we put out a very strong team, with a lot of PL and Championship players in the line up - and lost. As Lush said, no-one knocking on Hughton's door on that performance. Secondly, although some disapprove of the whole concept of the Checkatrade Trophy, I'd like to have seen us at least in the later stages, if not even better. Thirdly, the young players in that team were probably those closest to a break through - Connolly, Tilley, Ahannach and Molumbey - and they don't seem to have furthered their cause much.

Oh well. Bad day at the office, I guess. Bring on the real stuff again after this bloody international break!

I see this another Lincoln type result, you'd think that the first teamers would want to play for a place, given it's PL!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I wonder if Newcastle are getting the same comments about their game.
Did they field any 1st team players ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yet again, a cup match with senior players who should be looking to impress, ends in dismal defeat.

Is Rusk the problem ? ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That side looked pretty strong on paper.lll

A few goodbyes coming soon there.(unless still contracted)

ALBION: Krul; Schelotto, Hutchinson (Cox 59), Huenemeier, Rosenior; Collar, Molumby; Tilley (Ahannach HT), Brown, Murphy; Connolly (Alzate 90+1).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Conceding 3 with that back 5 is criminal really! May give Hughton some food for thought in January

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here