Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Nikki

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My sincere condolences, I cannot imagine how you are feeling or coping, I can only wish you seek the help, love and support of those around you. RIP Nikki

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
During the first Amex season I would get along to as many games as I could. My then 16 year old Daughter asked if she could come along to a game. Thus began a love affair with BHA (although she later admitted to coming just to butter me up for things). Season two it was two seats in the upper east and we never missed a game for four years. In 2015 she moved to Wales with her job and I gave up her ticket but she still came down for 'special' games. Last season she again made the long journey down for some games and was there for the Wigan game and between us we cried for the Albion. She became a very good friend of David Stockdale, including getting him to send me a birthday video. At the beginning of this season she sent me a lucky charm bracelet. That idiot you see taking a photo of it at every home & away game, that's me. She was on holiday for the Swansea game but we chatted via video. The last video was just after the final whistle.
She died Saturday night.
I'm not after anything, just needed to chat with my friends, I know you are all there.
Hug your kids tonight and tell them you love them.

**** me .....that just brought me to tears ...i am so sorry buddy.....ffs...!!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Tragic. So sorry. Another Albion star looking down.
RIP Nikki

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I opened this thread expecting a thread about Nikki Maaenpa, it soon became clear it wasnt about him but about your daughter who had moved to Wales, so then im thinking another one who couldnt get tickets for their local away game!

Then the bombshell hit! My god i wish it had been about our goalkeeper or even another whinge about loyalty points etc.

That is absolutely terrible news, god bless you pal and you must indeed remember the good times, those will bring tears for a while but let rhem flow, you had some wondeful times with your wonderful daughter, that is something to celebrate, so cherish the memories, Nikki will live on in you and everyone who loved her.

God bless
R.I.P. Nikki
Thoughts with you and your family x

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I am so sorry for your loss.

I read this with tears in my eyes while waiting for my 15 year old to return from after school event. I will hug her when she gets in and will never be so pleased to see the disdained pained face she will give me.

I am lost for words, heartfelt thoughts to you and your family.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As someone with a two year old who is my whole world at the moment (and I can't imagine that ever changing) I was genuinly fighting back the tears reading your touching words about your daughter.

Nothing anyone can say can take away the grief you must be feeling but cherish the memories that you, Nikki's family and friends have of her as nothing can change them. You were clearly close and the Albion appear to be a big part of your bond. My only advice would be to make sure all of the people who were closest to your daughter (including yourself) find someone to talk to. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Having the bravery to write this and seeing it in print is soo hard ( ive done it myself), but it is also so cathartic....it is all part of acceptance....part of a long journey that for now will seem pathless. I strongly believe you have done the right thing for you....take heart from all the very genuine love that is here....and as others have said, if you are ever at such a low - there will always be someone online to listen xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here