Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] An evening with Micky and Bob

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
According to the ticket site there are 339 tix left for this Friday, that sounds to me like they haven’t sold many, is there a chance the event will be canx?

As already mentioned on here, it feels as though the club forgot to market it themselves.

I had no idea it was on until I was asked if I had my tickets. I’ll give it a push on NSC’s FB and Twitter accounts to try and raise awareness.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As already mentioned on here, it feels as though the club forgot to market it themselves.

I had no idea it was on until I was asked if I had my tickets. I’ll give it a push on NSC’s FB and Twitter accounts to try and raise awareness.

Good work, it will be embarrassing if they get no more than 50 showing up to this! As others have said buy a pie and a pint and get a free evening in the company of two great servants of the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I may be alone here but I find meeting your hero’s to be a generally overrated experience. I’m sure they have some great stories but I’ve read Bob’s book (er) now and I can’t say this evening really appeals at all. Each to their own though.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I may be alone here but I find meeting your hero’s to be a generally overrated experience. I’m sure they have some great stories but I’ve read Bob’s book (er) now and I can’t say this evening really appeals at all. Each to their own though.

Well we’ll give it s go if it’s still on[emoji106]

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure why this isn’t being particularly well publicised. I only just found out about it but I think I’m going to book a ticket. What’s not to like about Micky Adams? For anyone aged between 25 and 35 (which I am) there is a good chance he’s your first real Albion hero.

ask Dave "Silky" Cameron and/or Dean Wilkins what there's not to like about MA

judewri

Oct 7, 2003
west sussex
I’m wondering now if this will actually happen . Be a bit embarrassing if only 50 people turn up . I’ve got my tickets ��!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There were 346 tickets for sale on Sunday and there are currently 294, so 52 have been sold in the last three days. Any ideas on how many tickets were available when it initially went on sale?

Nope. But:

MAYO WYNNE BAXTER LOUNGE

Our largest lounge, this grand space boasts the double height ‘wave ceiling’ everybody is talking about. The architectural masterpiece is a beautiful backdrop for any event and includes a stunning floor-to-ceiling glass façade.

Capacity: 300-650

https://www.eventsatbhafc.co.uk/event-banqueting/floor-plans.php

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Just got home from that- event moved to the iTalk lounge, on top floor. about 200 in audience? Was a good night. Bob B on very good form. Mickey may have had too many sherberts.. :)

Some very interesting tales to be told. But what happens at 'The Withdean', stays at 'The Withdean' !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A fascinating evening in the company of Bob Booker and Micky Adams at the Amex.

Micky has a new book out and talked openly and honestly about his time at Brighton - easy to do for the first time around, less so for his return. He genuinely thought his image and appreciation had been as a result of is second instalment here. The reaction of the audience soon told him otherwise.

We also heard many great stories (some for the umpteenth time) from the frozen milk to the Battle of Longford and all points in between.

Micky praised and thanked Dick Knight (present on the night) for his support during his times here.

And oooh loads of stuff.

A great evening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here