Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England's friendlies v Germany & Brazil.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just been browsing the ticket prices for each game, with 'best available' option, on the official FA site.
Germany £65
Brazil £70
:wozza:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
England's friendlies v Germany & Brazil.

It's not utterly pointless as there are World Cup play-offs.

I share your annoyance though.

How many European play offs are there? 4? Why does 8 teams participation in that have to clusterdoink things up for the rest of us?

(Just saying it out of frustration)

Also it’s because of silly friendlies against better opposition that England won’t be seeded for the draw. Stupid and pointless.

Gareth will learn the square root of sweet FA in either game with these players.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
sadly, I am all aboard the England World Cup dream next summer, no doubt they will let us down, but I can't help it. We have had very poor tournements since 2006 we are due at least one decent game this time round.

Hopefully the players involved in the title chases carry there form through for England, very excited to see a team full of Tottenham and City players. Shame we lack a decent keeper and a centre back pairing at the moment.

Oct 25, 2003
we'll either get absolutely hammered or scrap 2-1 wins and the press will explode with joy and proclaim that we're going to win the world cup

Tabloid headline for Germany game: TAMMY IS OUR ABRA-MAN: Joy as Tammy Abraham bags a brace and will surely lead England to World Cup glory

Tabloid headline for Brazil game: COR!- THAT WAS RIGHT IN MY (BRAZIL) NUTS: Despair as Tammy Abraham has one smashed into his 'meat and two veg' and will now miss the World Cup with an exploded testicle

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How many European play offs are there? 4? Why does 8 teams participation in that have to clusterdoink things up for the rest of us?

(Just saying it out of frustration)

Also it’s because of silly friendlies against better opposition that England won’t be seeded for the draw. Stupid and pointless.

Gareth will learn the square root of sweet FA in either game with these players.

So is your suggestion that the league just carries on as it's "only 8 teams"?

So, we play without Duffy and Ryan (he's not European so you don't seem to care)? We could also have been without Propper.

Don't get me wrong - I really don't like the way the season has been so disjointed due to international breaks. By the time we kick off against Stoke the season will be exactly 100 days old and we'll have played a mere 11 fixtures. We then play 11 games in 43 days. It's completely unbalanced.

But this break isn't "pointless" unfortunately, as much as I'd prefer to be watching the Albion this weekend.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
International breaks are...

_44279618_fastshowbrilliant270.jpg

You can plan holidays around them and not bother watching them and not miss a single league game and everything. BRILLIANT!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
we'll either get absolutely hammered or scrap 2-1 wins and the press will explode with joy and proclaim that we're going to win the world cup

Tabloid headline for Germany game: TAMMY IS OUR ABRA-MAN: Joy as Tammy Abraham bags a brace and will surely lead England to World Cup glory

Tabloid headline for Brazil game: COR!- THAT WAS RIGHT IN MY (BRAZIL) NUTS: Despair as Tammy Abraham has one smashed into his 'meat and two veg' and will now miss the World Cup with an exploded testicle

Wouldn’t happen in Ger-Tammy Abra-Many.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This'll further stuff up our FIFA world ranking very nicely in the run-up to the World Cup draw. Friendlies like this, where we'll almost certainly get our arses handed to us on a plate, are part of the reason why we will not be seeded in the World Cup next year.

Just like last time round, when we were put in a group with Italy and Uruguay, and were promptly eliminated after 2 games. Brilliant. Still, the FA will make a few bob out of these two games, so that's the main thing.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Taking my two boys to the Germany game. The youngest's first time at Wembley. Was only £20 for me and a tenner for each for them. Got to teach them the harsh realities of being an England fan from an early age. Will also be a chance for the eldest to finally see Tammy Abraham after watching him trying to get out of Dunk's pocket for 90 minutes on Saturday (conveniently ignoring for comedic purposes that he saw him play for Bristol City last season).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two absolute THUMPINGS in prospect for England's one-man team. Harry Kane's goals won't save them against this level of opposition :moo:

Unlikely. Look at our record against top teams in friendlies over the past few years;

German 2 - 3 England
England 2 - 2 Spain
Brazil 1 -2 England

We are bizarrely very good when there is no pressure on us at all.

But put us against Egypt in a group game in 2018 and watch us forget how to control the ball.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This'll further stuff up our FIFA world ranking very nicely in the run-up to the World Cup draw. Friendlies like this, where we'll almost certainly get our arses handed to us on a plate, are part of the reason why we will not be seeded in the World Cup next year.

You clearly haven't watched England for very long.

We will draw and win these games (playing quick, Prem style footy, you know, the exact way we SHOULD play, a la the Germany 3-2 last year), and someone will ask Rashford if we can win the World Cup. He will give a vaguely non-committal answer that will get printed on the back pages as a YES and massive pressure will be put on the 14-year-old (whatever) Rashford to take us all the way to the trophy next summer.

Then we will play Egypt or Iran in a group game and we will look like we have LITERALLY never been on a football pitch before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here