Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Buy your Amazon Christmas presents via NSC's link please [Echo and Echo Dot on offer]

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I just spent £7.49. I hope the affiliation payment of £0.000001 helps. :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just spent £7.49. I hope the affiliation payment of £0.000001 helps. :D

It certainly does!

Your post prompted me to check Amazon quickly and I found that the following specials are on...

Echo Dot 2nd generation £34.99 (usually £49.99) - http://amzn.to/2zMrQHx
Echo 2nd generation £69.99 (usually £89.99) - http://amzn.to/2iiyFsU

I think I'll finally take the PLUNGE on an Echo.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Such a dilemma, I want to help NSC but I don't wanna give the tax dodging monster a penny. Can I ask, you can refuse to answer but how much would NSC get from a £100 purchase ? I ask as I want to know how much it would help if I did break my vow & I am just nosey!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It certainly does!

Your post prompted me to check Amazon quickly and I found that the following specials are on...

Echo Dot 2nd generation £34.99 (usually £49.99) - http://amzn.to/2zMrQHx
Echo 2nd generation £69.99 (usually £89.99) - http://amzn.to/2iiyFsU

I think I'll finally take the PLUNGE on an Echo.

I don't have an amazon account but my boy does and he bought a dot with free wifi plug for £40,.
I paid £25 just for the plug last week :(:censored:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Such a dilemma, I want to help NSC but I don't wanna give the tax dodging monster a penny. Can I ask, you can refuse to answer but how much would NSC get from a £100 purchase ? I ask as I want to know how much it would help if I did break my vow & I am just nosey!

It varies depending on what you buy. It used to be 6% of the price (pre-VAT) pretty much across the board, so if you spent £100, about £83 of that would be before tax so NSC would earn about a fiver.

They've changed the commission now based on the product category of the purchase. I've not looked at is, but I assume the adjustment was generally down as NSC earns less than it used to from Amazon.

I don't want anyone to do anything they are uncomfortable with. All I ask is if you are going to shop at Amazon, I appreciate it when you go via NSC. You won't pay any more nor receive any different level of service.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Just looked it up. Here you go...

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 22.18.59.png

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Just looked it up. Here you go...

View attachment 91261

May I suggest ( possible loophole ) that if anyone wants to purchase Home entertainment, smart phones and mobile phones at a measly 1% commission, that they purchase an Amazon gift card via the link first as seemingly a gift card pays 3%. Then just use the gift card/code to pay for your purchase.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Thanks, been wanting a Hive system for a while, £90 off with British Gas fitting, glad to have used the link. Cheers.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Think I’ve spent £320 via the link now.

Various items so hope some of it helps NSC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it just the Echo gadgets that qualify, or anything bought via the link?

(Have just ordered some computer stuff, and the OFAH complete boxset.. lovely jubbly!)

Absolutely everything once you've clicked through from NSC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They seem quite generous, tbh.

By rough calculations, even my very modest bit of Christmas shopping over the last two weeks has netted NSC a cool £4.50

It's probably one of the better affiliate schemes out there. The fee structure was changed a while ago though, and reduced pretty much across the board. It caused quite a backlash amongst businesses who make all their income out of Amazon referrals.

The other point is that the earnings are based on pre-VAT prices.

So, for example, something bought this yesterday for £44.17. NSC's earnings are based on the pre-VAT price of £36.81.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
24 cans of 7 up turned up this morning. Whilst Alexa is useful, deactivating voice ordering is a must with young kids. Shitbags.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here