Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transport to/from The Amex

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Car Park B (Bridge Car Park BN1 9PW) £15

Anyone booked this on Albion's website?How long on average does it take to get out?
Is it congested when going in?

Anyone got details on the other car parking where a road is turned into a car park and you get a bus to the stadium?
I use Bridge all the time, and book on line. Never much congestion getting in and V Palace I jogged back to the car at 92 minutes and drove straight out. If you wonder back with everyone else it can be 30/45 minutes to exit.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
I use Bridge all the time, and book on line. Never much congestion getting in and V Palace I jogged back to the car at 92 minutes and drove straight out. If you wonder back with everyone else it can be 30/45 minutes to exit.

As you have an allocated space I assume you can turn up when you want as there is no advantage to arriving early?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As you have an allocated space I assume you can turn up when you want as there is no advantage to arriving early?
The space isn’t allocated as such, it’s a free for all once you get in, but I’m guessing they wouldn’t sell more tickets than there are spaces. I’m usually there pretty early though so I can’t give you a 100% answer. What I would say is to try and park in the couple of rows above the entrance, they always seem to move quickest when exiting.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
The space isn’t allocated as such, it’s a free for all once you get in, but I’m guessing they wouldn’t sell more tickets than there are spaces. I’m usually there pretty early though so I can’t give you a 100% answer. What I would say is to try and park in the couple of rows above the entrance, they always seem to move quickest when exiting.

When I say allocated I meant just a random space.Therefore even if you arrived at 2.55 you would/should be guaranteed a space.

I assume to get a place in the couple of rows above the entrance you would need to arrive early?what time do you arrive?
I wouldn't want to be there before 2ish.

How long to walk from the car park to the stadium?

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The walk from the bridge to the stadium is between 10 and 15 minutes depending on how quick etc you are. To get a prime spot in the car park you'd have to arrive before 2, very early. I often arrive by 2 and the best places are gone. Unless you are prepared to leg it at full time expect at least half an hour until you get out. I've waited well over an hour twice in the last few months. If it's a weekend game i always stay behind for a drink and wander down after about 45 minutes (I drink slowly!). Then by the time we are at the car, we can usually sail out fairly quickly. You can be assured of a place if you have a ticket. I used to park at the uni and it was wonderful. The bridge sucks.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
The walk from the bridge to the stadium is between 10 and 15 minutes depending on how quick etc you are. To get a prime spot in the car park you'd have to arrive before 2, very early. I often arrive by 2 and the best places are gone. Unless you are prepared to leg it at full time expect at least half an hour until you get out. I've waited well over an hour twice in the last few months. If it's a weekend game i always stay behind for a drink and wander down after about 45 minutes (I drink slowly!). Then by the time we are at the car, we can usually sail out fairly quickly. You can be assured of a place if you have a ticket. I used to park at the uni and it was wonderful. The bridge sucks.

Well it's usually at least 20/30 minutes to get on a train at Falmer so I'd rather be sitting in my car for that time.If I get the coach,again it takes that time to get out.
As for Uni,my son's mother has a ticket for the car park so I might see if I can use it with my car but I assume it has the reg on it.However much the bridge sucks nothing sucks as much as the train(although it is free).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone got details on the other car parking where a road is turned into a car park and you get a bus to the stadium?

Mill Road/Park & Ride 1

It's a free service. Fills up rather early and you'd need to be there about 90 mins before kick off. Sometimes the queues for bus afterwards can be lengthy but nothing too bad in my experience (maybe 20 min wait).

There are 2 other park and ride sites too.

Details here:

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/siteassets/pdfs/travel-guide-nov17.pdf

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
When I say allocated I meant just a random space.Therefore even if you arrived at 2.55 you would/should be guaranteed a space.

I assume to get a place in the couple of rows above the entrance you would need to arrive early?what time do you arrive?
I wouldn't want to be there before 2ish.

How long to walk from the car park to the stadium?
I’m usually there an hour before ko, it gives me time for a burger and a pint at the Swan after the drive. The walk is about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
An hour before is fine.It's a choice between £18.95 for me and my son on the coach or £15 & petrol by car for Bridge Car Park.Think I will probably drive there for a change and see what it's like.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An hour before is fine.It's a choice between £18.95 for me and my son on the coach or £15 & petrol by car for Bridge Car Park.Think I will probably drive there for a change and see what it's like.
A gentle jog back to the car after the palace game made a huge difference getting out. Put your trainers on!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well it's usually at least 20/30 minutes to get on a train at Falmer so I'd rather be sitting in my car for that time.If I get the coach,again it takes that time to get out.
As for Uni,my son's mother has a ticket for the car park so I might see if I can use it with my car but I assume it has the reg on it. However much the bridge sucks nothing sucks as much as the train(although it is free).

This!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I met another supporter last might (about the tenth I know) who has given up his season ticket, almost entirely because of the train service by West Coastway being intolerable in the evenings. They are all over fifty year olds and I must say I don't blame them. For this supporter it was the increasing number of evening games after having a season ticket for the first three seasons.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I met another supporter last might (about the tenth I know) who has given up his season ticket, almost entirely because of the train service by West Coastway being intolerable in the evenings. They are all over fifty year olds and I must say I don't blame them. For this supporter it was the increasing number of evening games after having a season ticket for the first three seasons.

He must be well pissed off with this season then. We’ve had all of two evening home league games this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here