Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Walton, Lua Lua and Stockdale?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It all makes Stockdale's decision to leave seem even more bizarre than at the time.

I guess he would never have believed that Brighton would be 8th in the top flight, and Birmingham would be struggling in the championship at this stage in the season when he made his decision to leave.

All about money. Plain and simple

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh yes he was!
The old snake-oil salesman can charm birds from the trees. He was telling the world and his mother that Brum were good enough for top six and the right investment could lead to promotion. He got the right investment. A £2m pay-off after 11 games.

I was recently listening to the radio presenter – and Brum fan – Ian Danter on Talksport and he was well and truly laying into Harry and the mess that he had left the club in. I can't remember exactly when it was – probably after ANOTHER defeat – but he was saying that the club was in possibly its worst state ever, even acknowledging the fact that, in the past, the owner of the club has been in JAIL! He was saying that because some of Harry's signings were on ridiculous wages (hmm, I wonder who one of THOSE might be?) it had divided the dressing room. This was just one of the factors that meant it would take a LOT of work to put it all right.

Amazingly revealing, for radio – even from someone who is a fan of the club.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stockdale and Lua Lua were excellent players for us but are very much our past now and their replacements are a symbol of just how far we've come.

Izquierdo is fantastic and getting better all the time, he's on a different level to KLL.

And for me Ryan is proving to be one of the best signings in the premier league, an absolute bargain. I've never felt more confident in one of our keepers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On KLL, I found this snippet on a QPR forum, from a report from him playing for QPR U23's at the end of last month.
Hope he can get back into contention for their first team.

Kazenga Lua Lua played for the U23s on Friday, spending the majority of the game falling over and miscontrolling the ball into touch, so he won’t feature

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/46776/history-repeating--preview

Business as usual then . . . sadly.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
KLL hasn't done himself any favours at QPR regardless of personal situation. QPR fans I know all don't rate him at all. Does seem he has blown his career away considering his early potential.

Stockdale - So glad he isn't with us anymore , think he would be an absolute calamity in the Prem. Wasn't at all sure about Ryan to start with but am so pleased he has totally proved me wrong. Looks a very decent keeper and an improvement on DS.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Stockdale and Lua Lua were excellent players for us but are very much our past now and their replacements are a symbol of just how far we've come.

Izquierdo is fantastic and getting better all the time, he's on a different level to KLL.

And for me Ryan is proving to be one of the best signings in the premier league, an absolute bargain. I've never felt more confident in one of our keepers.

I agree re Izquierdo, he is a Premier League version of LuaLua. Just like Kaz he is a right footed left winger, who likes to cut inside and run at defenders, and he is a kind of turbo charged version. Boy can he motor!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not even sure that he will be first choice when he is fit again. The Pig, unlike the rest of his outfield colleagues, has been doing a pretty fair job between the sticks.

Strikes me as the sort that will be perfectly happy parking his lardy arse on the bench for another couple of seasons at 70k a week, thinking about his next fishing trip or latest ‘snapback’ design.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not even sure that he will be first choice when he is fit again. The Pig, unlike the rest of his outfield colleagues, has been doing a pretty fair job between the sticks.

Bluenose friends of mine don't rate Stockers and are happy that he's out although tbf they are a pretty disillusioned bunch after the mess 'Arry left them in.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Stockdale was injured back in early-mid September at the time they said he won't be back till mid November.

Walton had an operation on his ankle early in September

LuaLua probably injured not even gonna bother checking

EDIT: forgot to add Stockdale has injured his hand after allegedly trying to punch another player in training although the club nor any players have confirmed this.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So many bitter fans still over the Stockdale transfer. Move on.

He is currently out of the team as he knocked out another player in training and broke his hand. Bloody stupid thing to do, but Birminghams problems go much deeper than Stockdale. He was a part of our Promotion to the Premier League he will always be fondly remembered by me and I am sure a lot of other fans.

No doubt, you all stalk your exs on a regular basis as well.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So many bitter fans still over the Stockdale transfer. Move on.

He is currently out of the team as he knocked out another player in training and broke his hand. Bloody stupid thing to do, but Birminghams problems go much deeper than Stockdale. He was a part of our Promotion to the Premier League he will always be fondly remembered by me and I am sure a lot of other fans.

No doubt, you all stalk your exs on a regular basis as well.

I think there WAS bitterness, but now I think it's more like relief.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I think there WAS bitterness, but now I think it's more like relief.

Not sure why he was never going to interntionally let us down and its been stated many times that we were always looking to replace him even if he had stayed. Are we really paying Krul less than what Stockdale was on? Krul no doubt is a better kepper but he cant do much sat on the bench. So even as back up it would have worked for us as a club.

The Man made many great saves for us, including the brilliant double penalty save against Sheffield Wednesday. Move on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure why he was never going to interntionally let us down and its been stated many times that we were always looking to replace him even if he had stayed. Are we really paying Krul less than what Stockdale was on? Krul no doubt is a better kepper but he cant do much sat on the bench. So even as back up it would have worked for us as a club.

The Man made many great saves for us, including the brilliant double penalty save against Sheffield Wednesday. Move on.

I think we have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here