Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Walton, Lua Lua and Stockdale?

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I certainly don't miss Rohan Ince's song. Worst song the fans ever came up with

I wanna tell you, I might as well do about a boy who could do anything. He came from Chelsea to play for Brighton, Rohan Ince Rohan Ince Rohan Ince...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It all makes Stockdale's decision to leave seem even more bizarre than at the time.

I guess he would never have believed that Brighton would be 8th in the top flight, and Birmingham would be struggling in the championship at this stage in the season when he made his decision to leave.

He might not have believed we would be 8th but I'd be pretty sure he would have had confidence that we would do some fairly decent transfer business and make a decent fist of it

Why he would have imagined the Brum wouldn't be in another relegation fight is bewildering. Surely he wasn't daft enough to fall for Arry's flannel?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He might not have believed we would be 8th but I'd be pretty sure he would have had confidence that we would do some fairly decent transfer business and make a decent fist of it

Why he would have imagined the Brum wouldn't be in another relegation fight is bewildering. Surely he wasn't daft enough to fall for Arry's flannel?

Stockdale was always on the way out as he knew the club wanted better...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It all makes Stockdale's decision to leave seem even more bizarre than at the time.

I guess he would never have believed that Brighton would be 8th in the top flight, and Birmingham would be struggling in the championship at this stage in the season when he made his decision to leave.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

££££££££££

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Stockdale probably made the correct decision for his family. 3 year contract at Brum or 1 year with us. No brainer really, he made the right decision in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ineffective. Warne has taken him off a few times, which says summink cos he really liked him, and he was finally dropped on Satdi. Apparently Barker wanted to end his loan after three weeks.

What happened to that angular Italian we signed? Schelotto?

The Schelotto who was on the bench at Swansea on Saturday?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I read a bit of the QPR thread and came across this mention on players out at Bolton.
'Bolton have Will Buckley (hamstring)'
Rings a bell.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale probably made the correct decision for his family. 3 year contract at Brum or 1 year with us. No brainer really, he made the right decision in my eyes

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Think this is it, plus I think the club told him they were expecting to strengthen and he wouldn’t be automatic no 1 choice. All things combined can totally see why he left.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Stockdale has been dropped in the managerial merry go round at the blues, plus he looked very much out of shape compared to when he was with us this season. Sad really.

Not sure about the other two.

Always had weight control issues. One of the reasons why the BHA management decided that a more athletic keeper was needed at PL level. Forster is similar. Too heavy at present and lacking that split second reaction time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wow... that's a surprise! Never seemed the sort, but I guess maybe frustration at his current situation, or thinking about what could have been if he hadn't jumped ship...

Needs to prepare himself for Div 1 football next season.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Oh yes he was!
The old snake-oil salesman can charm birds from the trees. He was telling the world and his mother that Brum were good enough for top six and the right investment could lead to promotion. He got the right investment. A £2m pay-off after 11 games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not sure about the others but Ince came on as a sub for Bury on Sunday. From Brightons answer to Yaya Tour, in some peoples eyes, to the bench for Bury although in fairness it may have been a tactical decision as it was a cup tie.against a non league side.(Woking)

Harsh, started well at Bury, but struggling for form on a poor team (apparently).

Also had one very good season with us and rumoured to have been ‘watched’ by bigger teams, so not quite as poor as you suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ineffective. Warne has taken him off a few times, which says summink cos he really liked him, and he was finally dropped on Satdi. Apparently Barker wanted to end his loan after three weeks.
?

This.

Not playing very well, have a friend who has watched him a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here