Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Walton, Lua Lua and Stockdale?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Buckley came on as sub for Bolton and played the Baldock role up front against PNE and looked quite sharp. 12 touches in 18 minutes which makes me think a forward sub after 66 minutes is not very likely to produce a goal.

Did he? Looked like he stayed way out left to me...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's the Brighton curse. Has any player ever gone to another club, and not had their career nosedive? Zamorra comes to mind, though he never had the same goalscoring rate elsewhere.

Not much of a curse - Ask Steve Cook, Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes, Tommy Elphick (until last season) etc.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Stockdale. From being the Championship’s best keeper in a promotion achieving team with a shiny new Premier League contract waiting to be signed to being second choice in a poor side in 21st place in the Championship. Time to sack the agent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The agent delivered a presumably lucrative, lengthy (3 years) contract at the age of 32. Job done for him.

He's only not playing because of an injury.

And he's used to playing in a lowly Champ team that he helps transform into contenders isn't he. ?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Dean Saunders did OK

Dean Saunders was like Jessie Lingard to me. Never understood how anyone rated him at the higher level.

Dean Saunders with us seemed a one trick pony.

Shove the ball one side of the defender, and run passed the other side.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Buckley came on as sub for Bolton and played the Baldock role up front against PNE and looked quite sharp. 12 touches in 18 minutes which makes me think a forward sub after 66 minutes is not very likely to produce a goal.

ob.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Stockdale is back playing, but what I just do not understand is why he is just arguing with children on twitter, it’s pathetic does he seriously have nothing better to do. I’m glad we got rid of him as I was bored to death of him mouthing off with Virgo or We are Brighton after games. Clearly he doesn’t know how to put his phone down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As none of the 5 fit wingers we have were deemed up to the task at Huddersfield, he's come back at just the right time to feature at Wembley.
'Unluckily' he's not eligible until the 25 man squad rules are suspended, which means the Bournemouth game.

More likely he is already concentrating on destroying palace in the cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here