Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Decorations....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Taking the grandkids up to croydon this weekend to see the towns decorations and big light switch on , dunno why i bother last years was a bit of a disappointment .

113f197c5e9471ccf8c5e4f8b72bb843.gif

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The division in our home is:

Three want them up at the beginning of December, until a few days into January.

One would opt for Xmas Eve, then down on say 30th Dec. Humbug.

The majority win with, latterly going up on the first Saturday in Dec.

We watched A Christmas Carol last night!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never before the first Sunday in Advent, which this year is November 26th. And down by Twelfth Night.

Surely that is a Christian thing...Christmas now is bugger all to do with Christianity and all about amazonity!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Heart FM the music channel on Sky is now back to back Christmas tunes. Already playing Mel and Sue Rocking around the Christmas Tree and Good old Macca singing Wonderful Christmas time et all.

Now I love all this sort of thing but there is a time and place ie December only.

Thanks for the warning, I will never listen to that radio station.

Maccas Simply having a wonderful Christmas time, is the worst Christmas song ever, absolute garbage, how long would it take to teach kids to sing" Ding Dong, Ding Dong" and the ex Beatle reckons they practise all year long. Either very thick kids, or hes lying,

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Absolutely maximum is two weeks before Christmas, give or take a day or two depending on how the weekends fall. Anything before that is madness. Early November is pure insanity.

Have to agree with this. Two weeks before is about the right time for the decs to go up.

I was amazed earlier this year, in mid August, when I walked into a card shop and they had all the Xmas cards on display !!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My son's birthday is 17/12 so we've generally tried to wait until after that to put the decorations up.

Having said that, he's not that bothered about Christmas anyway and is more excited about Brighton results, the new Star Wars film and The Ashes as he's been brought up correctly. :thumbsup:

I love having a load of lights / decorations up but doing it before the start of December is just plain wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ours going up this weekend, I’d say there are about half a dozen on our road with lights already up outside.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Got a few up already in my office at work - and the odd bout of Christmas songs blasted out.

This is not because i'm a big Christmas fan - they won't be going up in my house until around 2 weeks prior to the big day.

At work, if the staff are b*tching and moaning about xmas decs and songs in November (which most do) - it means they're not b*tching and moaning about each other, or their workload.
This makes my life a whole lot easier, and provides much amusement!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Far too early, I wouldn't dream of putting up decorations in November.
I did see a house on Friday evening on the A259 in Newhaven with a Christmas tree with lights in the widow.
When I was a kid my parents put the tree and decorations up on the 15th of December.

I'm sure it's ' look at me ' types that put their decorations up this early, I saw many houses with Halloween decorations up at least a week before October 31st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here