Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas Decorations....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Up on Christmas eve (alright, 2 weeks earlier owing to logistics) and down on twelfth night. Anything else is Blasphemy and you will burn in the Fires of Hell.

Fact.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't really put mine up until 1st December.

People who put there's up early and love Christmas are not annoying. It's a lovely time of year and if that's what they want then fair play.

What is FAR more annoying are the people who are DESPERATE to inform you and everyone else how much they HATE Christmas (they almost think it's as cool as not liking the England football team) and their dislike for the people who get excited about it early.

In a world where there are QUITE A FEW big issues, I just can't fathom how that would be one of the biggest annoyances to someone...and even if it is, I don't need to know.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I got home on Friday evening to find my neighbours had put up their Christmas tree. Fully decorated, all lit up....

Now, I say its way too early for trees & decorations to be up, but my wife & youngest son asked if we could put ours up over the weekend as the neighbours now have. I steadfastly refused, & will stand my ground for another 3 or 4 weeks until its December. Its bad enough they've been watching Christmas movies for the last month or so, but I cant let them have this one.

Has anyone else put their tree or decorations up yet, or does everyone agree with me that its too soon?!

Quite agree -Redhill saw fit to put up a damn great monstrosity yesterday. It's quite a decent tree but it is way too early. I think December 1st is quite early enough. I quite like Christmas but not when it starts so early

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone got theirs up yet??

Saw my first house with decorations on as I made my way to my meeting at the Masons yesterday evening.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yep, far too soon. I'm a big fan of Christmas but I won't put any Christmas decorations up until 1st December.

25th November is the earliest I'm prepared to accept.

Signs of weakening !

How about Nov 18th?

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My hubby' s birthday is Dec 5th so we always put up our decorations after that date.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here's the law, or rather as it should be:

16/12 The decs go up and 6/1 they come down, end of!

#Up16thDown6th

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ours are going up this weekend. The towns lights went up last night, I was at Wembley so I missed it but Mrs Crodo recorded it and said it was a splendid occassion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here