BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpeg

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I quite like the Dutch Sinterklaas approach where you wait until the evening of 5 Dec but then everyone puts them up at the same time. I was there for it in Amsterdam once and it was nice seeing everyone carrying trees on their way home, although if we tried it there would probably be traffic backlogs and ill-tempered queues at garden centres and some magic may be lost. Maybe that happens there as well

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
When I was at Uni, there was a house with the dining room at the front, facing out onto the road I used to walk down every day. From about mid-October, the table in that room would be fully laid in preparation for Christmas dinner, with decorations on every wall.

Very odd and WAAAAAY too soon.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I got home on Friday evening to find my neighbours had put up their Christmas tree. Fully decorated, all lit up....

Now, I say its way too early for trees & decorations to be up, but my wife & youngest son asked if we could put ours up over the weekend as the neighbours now have. I steadfastly refused, & will stand my ground for another 3 or 4 weeks until its December. Its bad enough they've been watching Christmas movies for the last month or so, but I cant let them have this one.

Has anyone else put their tree or decorations up yet, or does everyone agree with me that its too soon?!

The people who normally put their decorations up in early November are normally the ones taking them down the day after Boxing Day.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like the decs to go up a week before Christmas Day and take them down NY eve. I like to keep it simple. No kids so no point in going Mad Mick McMad over it. 3 ft tree in corner, cards up and some nice candles about the place will do.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I got home on Friday evening to find my neighbours had put up their Christmas tree. Fully decorated, all lit up....

Now, I say its way too early for trees & decorations to be up, but my wife & youngest son asked if we could put ours up over the weekend as the neighbours now have. I steadfastly refused, & will stand my ground for another 3 or 4 weeks until its December. Its bad enough they've been watching Christmas movies for the last month or so, but I cant let them have this one.

Has anyone else put their tree or decorations up yet, or does everyone agree with me that its too soon?!

I would move.

1st December is the VERY earliest any decorations should be seen. Any earlier and you might as well paint "I AM A CHAV" across the front of your house.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I haven't put up a single decoration since I left home 30 years ago. I don't do Christmas. I have been been buying and eating mince pies since they've appeared in the shops though.

Love mince pies, hate Christmas. :thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Should it not be the 12 days of Christmas so put them up about 20th December and taken down on 1st or 2nd January.

Humbug

It’s the 21st Century now, Christmas celebrations start in mid November and end in early/mid January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here