Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs away tickets

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
It can't be that with away tickets unless something unusually sophisticated has been setup between the clubs.

Spurs send the physical tickets to the Albion who sell them. Spurs won't know which seats will be sold to adults and which will be sold to concessions so, at the time tickets are produced, that barcode could not be encoded to indicate adult or child.

The only way it could be done is if the Albion return a file to Spurs of tickets sold and which type of fan bought each seat. Spurs would then load this up ahead of the tickets being scanned at the point of entrance. I would be flabbergasted if this was in place.

I can accept this for the way that it used to work - club gets pile of tickets and they are torn off in order and tucked in the envelopes, with concessions either being written on, or sometimes tearing off an extra part of the 'stub'. But now we actually choose the seat for the away game on-line, then there has to be an element of processing that particular ticket in our ticket office against the away team's own seating plan. So perhaps this is more integrated than we thought and the bill the Albion has to pay is self-totalling from this.
Previously what was to stop a club (far less honest than we would be) selling more adult tickets, but declaring them as concessions when sending the money back to the away club?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It can't be that with away tickets unless something unusually sophisticated has been setup between the clubs.

Spurs send the physical tickets to the Albion who sell them. Spurs won't know which seats will be sold to adults and which will be sold to concessions so, at the time tickets are produced, that barcode could not be encoded to indicate adult or child.

The only way it could be done is if the Albion return a file to Spurs of tickets sold and which type of fan bought each seat. Spurs would then load this up ahead of the tickets being scanned at the point of entrance. I would be flabbergasted if this was in place.

A number of club have away tickets with more than one bar code stub which is detachable. If its an adult ticket both stubs are in place, if its a concession the first stub is torn off to leave the second bar code. Therefore the turnstile will know the difference.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I can accept this for the way that it used to work - club gets pile of tickets and they are torn off in order and tucked in the envelopes, with concessions either being written on, or sometimes tearing off an extra part of the 'stub'. But now we actually choose the seat for the away game on-line, then there has to be an element of processing that particular ticket in our ticket office against the away team's own seating plan. So perhaps this is more integrated than we thought and the bill the Albion has to pay is self-totalling from this.
Previously what was to stop a club (far less honest than we would be) selling more adult tickets, but declaring them as concessions when sending the money back to the away club?

You can't choose the actual seat though only the block and then are allocated seats within the block which you then allocate to the relevant fan.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Got mine. That's all
First time seeing Albion at Wembley since the Notts County final...

That's because we haven't played there since then.

I vowed not to go to the 'new' Wembley unless it was to see Albion, so will be a 'new' ground for me (of sorts).

PG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is there a cut off date, to whether you report them not to have turned up, for the club to resend?

TBH not sure as never been in this position before.

If not arrived by December will contact the club

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Is there a cut off date, to whether you report them not to have turned up, for the club to resend?

To resend I would work on a week before the game, but you can still contact the club after this, to get you name on the list to collect from the ticket office on the day. I had to do this for the Stoke cup game a few seasons ago, and worked smoothly.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

The club can't resend, they don't have duplicates just in case. It happened to me at West Ham recently, you have to contact club week before and they'll send details to Spurs who will produce duplicate tickets for you to collect on day. If it's the same as West Ham, all ticket holders have to be there & show photo id.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
If you have to pick up your tickets from our Wembley ticket office allow plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of time.

My mates ST was moved for the Real Madrid game and he forgot to print off the ticket for the new seat so had to pick one up from the TO.

He got in just as Dele scored his second in about the 60th Min. He did get his money back though - no real consolation!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here