Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield away tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For anyone moaning that they couldn't get a ticket to an away game in the future there should be a standard one word answer "Huddersfield"

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I thought someone posted on here they had asked the club about this and the club confirmed that the allocation has always been 2,300ish and they updated the website accordingly. Saying we only had 2,000 was a mistake. If that's the case, the tickets on sale are all there will be.

That was me and that is what I was told. However, the only reference I can find to allocation is the original item on the website and it has not been changed. So, hard to tell how many actually went on sale. ( But I'm happy anyway because I got one !)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I really don't buy this 'exiles' argument. It seems like a few people who live up north and have got used to pitching up in Bolton/Hull/Scunthorpe/Wigan/Blackpool etc and buying a ticket on the day are upset that they are now shut out because more people are travelling longer distances to support the team. The obvious answer is the exiles can travel the same distance to support the team... in Brighton. Just buy tickets for home games if you're that fussed. Don't expect tickets just because the team are playing on your doorstep. There are hundreds/thousands of us who travel up north 10 or 12 times a season in addition to all our local games (i.e. the ones at The Amex). You're all welcome to do the same, because if you came down to The Amex you'd suddenly find you have the points required to buy tickets for Huddersfield and other northern games. As for a lottery system, why should people with lots of loyalty points miss out on games so that an Albion fan from Burnley can watch us at Turf Moor for his one and only game of the season?

Hard to disagree with this. The exiles will have their day out in the north but for now they'll just have to come to the Amex instead, sorry guys

It has been changed. Go to the ticket site, find the Huddersfield game and click on 'More Info'. The PDF will open. That originally said the allocation was 2,000, but has since been changed to 2,292. It was changed last week so I imagine the 327 tickets that currently remain are from this allocation, meaning we have sold 1,965 as it stands.

That's actually a darn good effort then, especially when you consider that only a small minority of our membership so far have even been eligible to buy a ticket.

It would be great for non season ticket holders to get a chance for an away game and I think they will, but if we've had the lot they won't be around long.

My reasoning for thinking non STH's will get a chance is simply, if you are in the 'all other STH' catchment tomorrow, then you clearly don't do too many away games, which is fine. But if you don't do too many away game then there are unlikely to be loads who choose Huddersfield as their away game of choice. Clearly there will be some who will take the chance as it's a rate opportunity to get an away ticket, but I think these numbers will be small.

I do feel for the regulars, home and away who are not season tickets holders. My proposal is an 'Away Members scheme' that all can join, whether a season ticket holder or not.

Memberhsip of the away members scheme is £45 (includes Bronze) but £15 for STH's (less for concenssions)

Membership includes an away shirt.

Away membership points awarded for away games only with a 50% carry over from previous years.

Sales in order to:-

Away members with X points
All other away members
Non away member season ticket holders
Bronze members
All other members
General Sale

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
IF the Albion stay up for a few seasons then the giddiness will evaporate in terms of attending away matches in far flung climes (remember we didn't even sell out for the playoff at Hillsbrough 18 months ago) and the exiles will be able to get one with greater ease.

We fell short by what 50 tickets?

Matter of circumstance that one, most of us who are prepared to do the long ones had spent a large wedge and a 15+ hour day going up to boro before being served up an overnight in Sheffield less than a week later.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
That's actually a darn good effort then, especially when you consider that only a small minority of our membership so far have even been eligible to buy a ticket.

It would be great for non season ticket holders to get a chance for an away game and I think they will, but if we've had the lot they won't be around long.

My reasoning for thinking non STH's will get a chance is simply, if you are in the 'all other STH' catchment tomorrow, then you clearly don't do too many away games, which is fine. But if you don't do too many away game then there are unlikely to be loads who choose Huddersfield as their away game of choice. Clearly there will be some who will take the chance as it's a rate opportunity to get an away ticket, but I think these numbers will be small.

I do feel for the regulars, home and away who are not season tickets holders. My proposal is an 'Away Members scheme' that all can join, whether a season ticket holder or not.

Memberhsip of the away members scheme is £45 (includes Bronze) but £15 for STH's (less for concenssions)

Away membership points awarded for away games only with a 50% carry over from previous years.

All other away members
Bronze members
All other members
General Sale

Buying a membership for 45 or 15 and getting a free shirt worth 50? Don't think Barber will be happy with that...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
As long as the club manage to secure the extra 200 odd tickets to take it up to circa 2250 then I reckon this will be on sale for a few days to non STH's before it sells out.

2000 was a mistake, we got the full allocation. Presumably the enforced seated area was neglected as that holds 300 ish.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Hard to disagree with this. The exiles will have their day out in the north but for now they'll just have to come to the Amex instead, sorry guys

Yes I'm sure things will calm down next season, at the moment it seems exiles are uber fans or nothing. Unfortunately not everyone has the time or money for 10 hour round trips, but if 3000 fans are prepared to travel every fortnight to watch the Albion away then good on them. Hopefully I'll get to a game this season, but if not I'll have to settle for a NowTV pass instead.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

All other away members
Bronze members
All other members
General Sale

Will you throw in a free pie and pint?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I really don't buy this 'exiles' argument. It seems like a few people who live up north and have got used to pitching up in Bolton/Hull/Scunthorpe/Wigan/Blackpool etc and buying a ticket on the day are upset that they are now shut out because more people are travelling longer distances to support the team. The obvious answer is the exiles can travel the same distance to support the team... in Brighton. Just buy tickets for home games if you're that fussed. Don't expect tickets just because the team are playing on your doorstep. There are hundreds/thousands of us who travel up north 10 or 12 times a season in addition to all our local games (i.e. the ones at The Amex). You're all welcome to do the same, because if you came down to The Amex you'd suddenly find you have the points required to buy tickets for Huddersfield and other northern games. As for a lottery system, why should people with lots of loyalty points miss out on games so that an Albion fan from Burnley can watch us at Turf Moor for his one and only game of the season?

I take your point but I live in Devon and missed last season as a STH but have had one since the Amex opened and I’m a STH this season.
I travel to every home game which is a stupid amount of miles on a Saturday
My points are 81 because I missed last season my points go back to that
I did 12 away games last year under the bronze membership but that doesn’t go on your STH for this season
There is no fair way of dealing with us exiles sadly and miss a season at your own peril !!

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I'm a Yorkshire exile and only get to the Amex 4-5 times a season. I don't feel like I'm entitled to a ticket when my team are actually nearer, but after missing out on Leeds, Barnsley, Sheffield, Hull etc this season I was looking forward to another Huddersfield trip. Jake robinson hat-tricks, Kuipers off in the 7-1 defeat, just getting there in time for Kayal opener in the 1st minute. It is unlikely that I'll get 4 tickets but still hopeful as a Bronze member with healthy points total might get one.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
244 seats in the non standing section left. no other sections with any seats remaining. Got one for me and my boys, sitting is ideal for them. Phew, was a bit nerve wracking but they will be and I am chuffed to bits.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Glad to see other people getting a chance to see us play away this season. Missing this one and probably Newcastle due to financial reasons.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I’d imagine Newcastle falling between Xmas and NY might put off a few.

Me and a mate were going to do a couple of nights away for New Year, then realised we had a home game against Bmuff NYD at 12.30.

Can't justify the travel costs for one night in between christmas and new year.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Me and a mate were going to do a couple of nights away for New Year, then realised we had a home game against Bmuff NYD at 12.30.

Can't justify the travel costs for one night in between christmas and new year.

The East Coast train line is notorious for badly-advertised engineering work between Xmas and NY as well. Living up in the NE and travelling down by train during that period is always dicey at best.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Now down to all season ticket holders, and still 164 to sell. Will it make it all the way to 16+ points tomorrow and then general sale on Friday? Unheard of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here