Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield away tickets

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Hopefully won't sell out to STHs. I suspect like me, there are a fair few exiles who feel a bit overlooked this season with the "loyalty" scheme. What percentage of last year's away support were STHs, and how many were non-STHs who now live outside of Sussex. Having supported the Albion for nearly 30 years at places like Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Tranmere, Chester, Oldham, Preston and dozens of other clubs in the North of England, I think exiles should still be considered loyal fans and recognised as such by the club.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hopefully won't sell out to STHs. I suspect like me, there are a fair few exiles who feel a bit overlooked this season with the "loyalty" scheme. What percentage of last year's away support were STHs, and how many were non-STHs who now live outside of Sussex. Having supported the Albion for nearly 30 years at places like Shrewsbury, Wrexham, Tranmere, Chester, Oldham, Preston and dozens of other clubs in the North of England, I think exiles should still be considered loyal fans and recognised as such by the club.

Completely agree with you and feel for fans like you - especially those that followed us through the hard times. I don't think it's fair (and I'm not in your position personally at all btw).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

How do you think the club could recognise such fans?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Totally agree.

It should be consolidated into one points tally, then remove or massively reduce the ST points and points accrued from home league tickets.

If ST holders haven't used their advantage by now to amass some points over and above their 'bonus', then they never will. It's totally unnecessary except for a sales pitch for buying a ST, for which we are at capacity anyway.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
How do you think the club could recognise such fans?
Usually there is a fan history, although many games I've gone to I've paid on the gate, but even still I have a purchase history going back 5 years. Regardless, people should be allowed to register as an exile member. 5% of our away allocation could be sold by raffle, similar to the Olympics. The least recognition could be exiles get the same loyalty points as STHs, so at least I'd have a chance of buying a ticket to Huddersfield. Right now I'm just a member with 14 points. I founded the Scouse Seagulls and in the past have brought inner city lads from Liverpool to Brighton away games. I want to buy 2 Adult tickets and 2 under 16 tickets for 9th December but I can't until Friday, even then I may not be able to as some of the people on my friends and family list haven't renewed their membership, but then why would they if they can't buy a ticket. IMG_3801.JPG

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Usually there is a fan history, although many games I've gone to I've paid on the gate, but even still I have a purchase history going back 5 years. Regardless, people should be allowed to register as an exile member. 5% of our away allocation could be sold by raffle, similar to the Olympics. The least recognition could be exiles get the same loyalty points as STHs, so at least I'd have a chance of buying a ticket to Huddersfield. Right now I'm just a member with 14 points. I founded the Scouse Seagulls and in the past have brought inner city lads from Liverpool to Brighton away games. I want to buy 2 Adult tickets and 2 under 16 tickets for 9th December but I can't until Friday, even then I may not be able to as some of the people on my friends and family list haven't renewed their membership, but then why would they if they can't buy a ticket.View attachment 91088

I sympathise and like the idea of a small number being "raffled" or indeed the more radical idea of home STH and 1901ers only being allocated a small number of loyalty points.

Good luck for 9th. Alternatively couldn't you go in the home areas?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I sympathise and like the idea of a small number being "raffled" or indeed the more radical idea of home STH and 1901ers only being allocated a small number of loyalty points.

Good luck for 9th. Alternatively couldn't you go in the home areas?
Hoping to purchase properly through club but failing that if it hasn't sold out l, we just jump in the car and go in the home end or meet someone on the turnstiles who has spare tickets because of sickness / work and unable to attend.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Totally agree.

It should be consolidated into one points tally, then remove or massively reduce the ST points and points accrued from home league tickets.

If ST holders haven't used their advantage by now to amass some points over and above their 'bonus', then they never will. It's totally unnecessary except for a sales pitch for buying a ST, for which we are at capacity anyway.

Season ticket holders HAVE to be offered away tickets first, they are the lifeblood of the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All fans need to be included....even if it is just a tiny allocation for non STHs.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

All fans are already incuded, they just need to wait until until their appropriate points total comes up, or until it is open to all fans. If demand exceeds supply, which is often the case, that's life.

I don't see that there is a fairer way of doing it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I really don't buy this 'exiles' argument. It seems like a few people who live up north and have got used to pitching up in Bolton/Hull/Scunthorpe/Wigan/Blackpool etc and buying a ticket on the day are upset that they are now shut out because more people are travelling longer distances to support the team. The obvious answer is the exiles can travel the same distance to support the team... in Brighton. Just buy tickets for home games if you're that fussed. Don't expect tickets just because the team are playing on your doorstep. There are hundreds/thousands of us who travel up north 10 or 12 times a season in addition to all our local games (i.e. the ones at The Amex). You're all welcome to do the same, because if you came down to The Amex you'd suddenly find you have the points required to buy tickets for Huddersfield and other northern games. As for a lottery system, why should people with lots of loyalty points miss out on games so that an Albion fan from Burnley can watch us at Turf Moor for his one and only game of the season?

As an exile I agree with you 100%. STH put money into the club bank accounts every season, and so should have first dibs on away tickets. Living up here we get the benefits of cheap beer and loose women, which more than offsets having to be a bit creative and call in favours from local mates when trying to get a ticket for a match that isn't too far away.

IF the Albion stay up for a few seasons then the giddiness will evaporate in terms of attending away matches in far flung climes (remember we didn't even sell out for the playoff at Hillsbrough 18 months ago) and the exiles will be able to get one with greater ease.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As an exile I agree with you 100%. STH put money into the club bank accounts every season, and so should have first dibs on away tickets. Living up here we get the benefits of cheap beer and loose women, which more than offsets having to be a bit creative and call in favours from local mates when trying to get a ticket for a match that isn't too far away.

IF the Albion stay up for a few seasons then the giddiness will evaporate in terms of attending away matches in far flung climes (remember we didn't even sell out for the playoff at Hillsbrough 18 months ago) and the exiles will be able to get one with greater ease.

I think the major reason(s) that we didn't sell our allocation at Hillsborough was because an awful lot of fans were meh after the unjust defeat at Middlesbrough and missing out on automatic promotion so narrowly, and the fact that there was so liitle time to sell our play off allocation, as the game followed on so quickly afterwards.

But that said, yes l agree with the rest your post.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exiles fall into two categories from what I can see.

1) The ones like you who are obviously seriously committed to the cause and have a season ticket and/or attend lots of home matches, which allows them to retain a decent place in the loyalty points pecking order that can then be utilised for your 'home' matches in Yorkshire and Lancashire. Your reward is that you can still be lying in bed with a loose woman at midday on 25th November and still make it to The Theatre of Dreams for kick-off before tucking into cheap beers at 6pm in the comfort of your own home, while the rest of us have an 18-hour day out.

2) The ones who for some inexplicable reason think that living in Leeds or Liverpool automatically entitles them to tickets every time the Albion play within 50 miles of their home. These ones often say things like 'I only get to see the Albion three times a season' in the delusional belief that somehow strengthens their case for tickets, failing to see they are quite rightly at the back of the queue for a reason.

I agree with you on what the future holds. The Albion support simply isn't big enough to keep selling 3,000 tickets for away games 20 times a season. Next year will be a different story in my opinion.

This season will be the first time that many of our fans have visited these Premier League grounds too. Once they have, and ticked them off their list, they may not be quite so keen to go again. Especially to those hundreds of miles from home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here