Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield away tickets

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Maybe those seating would prefer not to get soaking wet if it rains...ye i know poor so*s.

Ha! That hadn't crossed my mind actually. I'm front row at the Amex and in all these years have only got soaked twice so you have to be pretty unlucky... Although saying that it is Huddersfield!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
213 standing left
279 seated left
27 wheelchair/ambulant left

Really highlights how hardly anyone wants to sit away these days. Can’t undestand why they offer this section.

Plenty of people have chosen to sit.

It’s an all seater stadium.

Why don’t you think they should be offered the choice?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I'm of a different opinion...in that at least it offers choice.....they have made it the end block (i think) if it makes you feel better

Block 6 is in the corner.
So when the play goes into the far corner they will not be able to view as Block 5/4/3 will all be standing.
So they will have to stand to see....!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Plenty of people have chosen to sit.

It’s an all seater stadium.

Why don’t you think they should be offered the choice?

There should be a choice but I don't think they were given a choice when buying a ticket for an all-seater stadium. If there was a choice and a designated area they'd be more people standing at the Amex than there currently is.

Fact is, there is a designated sitting area for away fans in this game. It has sold around 50 tickets in 5 days whereas standing has sold over 1500. He was making the point that most people want to stand away, which runs against some of the tripe posted on here suggesting people only stand because they are forced to.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Fact is, there is a designated sitting area for away fans in this game. It has sold around 50 tickets in 5 days whereas standing has sold over 1500. He was making the point that most people want to stand away, which runs against some of the tripe posted on here suggesting people only stand because they are forced to.

Yes exactly the point I was making.

Personally I can see why some people do want to sit and therefore I think it would make a lot of sense if away seating was totally unallocated, sit where you want. Those that want to sit will then sit near the front those that don’t further back. It sorts itself out. To be fair this is what happens at most away games anyway, but there is always the fringe bit where some want to sit and tell others to sit down.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
206 standing now left
277 seating now left.
27 wheelchair/ambulant

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There should be a choice but I don't think they were given a choice when buying a ticket for an all-seater stadium. If there was a choice and a designated area they'd be more people standing at the Amex than there currently is.

I agree that more people want to stand. I wasn’t disputing that.

What I asked was why Giraffe suggested we shouldn’t be given the option to choose to sit, which I fundamentally disagree with.

I’m sure most of those with the higher points have been standing for years at away games and so naturally, those who can’t may have stopped going for that very reason and now don’t have the points.

It’s just about giving people the choice, though, and I don’t see why those who want to sit should be given the worst seats.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I agree that more people want to stand. I wasn’t disputing that.

What I asked was why Giraffe suggested we shouldn’t be given the option to choose to sit, which I fundamentally disagree with.

I’m sure most of those with the higher points have been standing for years at away games and so naturally, those who can’t may have stopped going for that very reason and now don’t have the points.

It’s just about giving people the choice, though, and I don’t see why those who want to sit should be given the worst seats.

I agree with this, the choice to sit should be given but I was just highlighting that the demand isn't perhaps is large as some perceive it to be given the ticket sales on this one. Hard to achieve a mix of seated and standing though without it being the front rows for seating though. As others have said by giving a block in the corner when the play is in the other corner those sitting will struggle to see.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I agree with this, the choice to sit should be given but I was just highlighting that the demand isn't perhaps is large as some perceive it to be given the ticket sales on this one. Hard to achieve a mix of seated and standing though without it being the front rows for seating though. As others have said by giving a block in the corner when the play is in the other corner those sitting will struggle to see.

Let’s face it (and I think we’re agreeing here), traditionally far more people have stood at Football matches than sat.

Unless there is a step in the stand, it’s difficult to see past sitting at the front. However, it always used to be behind the terracing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Let’s face it (and I think we’re agreeing here), traditionally far more people have stood at Football matches than sat.

Unless there is a step in the stand, it’s difficult to see past sitting at the front. However, it always used to be behind the terracing.

Agreed, it is the fundamental problem of all seater stadiums. There was a reason that old stadiums used to have a mix with often standing behind the goals, because that was what people wanted.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
So it looks like away tickets are only unfair if its a big team or a game in London then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So it looks like away tickets are only unfair if its a big team or a game in London then?
No. They are only unfair when 700 harvesters buy tickets for a match and don't show up, preventing some who want to from going to the "sold out" game.

Thankfully this has only happened once so far.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
You can bet that even though all the tickets will sell, the seating area will still look as though it has been subject to 'harvesting'. If only sitting tickets are available at the end, then they will be bought but most of those people will go into the standing areas. No real problem, just shuffle along a bit and can easily get 2-3 more in each row between each aisle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You can bet that even though all the tickets will sell, the seating area will still look as though it has been subject to 'harvesting'. If only sitting tickets are available at the end, then they will be bought but most of those people will go into the standing areas. No real problem, just shuffle along a bit and can easily get 2-3 more in each row between each aisle.

I was thinking the same. Some photos of that section with empty seats will probably surface on another inane 'harvesting' thread even though the majority of them would have moved to standing.

Nearly all sold now apart from the enforced seating area, which is only 50-60 tickets down from where it started.

We are now on 198+ points, which is effectively any ST holder that has done a cup game or two in the last couple of years, and still there are tickets available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here